• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Sherman M4A3 (75)-1/35 Tamiya

kolche

Hi friends !
I very much love this tank and at last have reached assemblage of this tank :) Model with errors and consequently that to a smog I will complete.Though I not so understand updatings, but magazines will help me :) I do not promise to correct everything, but what that quantity of discrepancies I will make :cheer:
I hope you understand my English :blush:

Here that is made at present

7024a03c4404.jpg

2ef63b8afec9.jpg

b47958f30279.jpg

c691cb75dd2c.jpg

61da3eb6c174.jpg

7807a17244c2.jpg

cf0079e48d12.jpg

251c063d1e63.jpg

a503f44cb0f4.jpg

Has corrected welded seams, thought I will die on them

77cfbfb91950.jpg

b657098b513d.jpg

8dda479d04a4.jpg

Hi Aleksandr
A good start mate, although I feel compelled to pull you up on your running gear. The wet stowage M4A3 had the later style return roller arms which were noticeably 'upswept' not horizontal as these are. The dished wheels are fine for this kit although not the most prevalent type.
I'd use the housings on a late M4 or M4A1 75 but keep the wheels for this as mentioned...
I figured snce you have gone to great lengths with some super weld beads and extra bolts etc. that you'd want to know about this!
I have one of these in a near finished state, so I'd be interested to see how you progress from here
Brad ;)

not not interesting, just missed this build!

and it is a phantastic build! so clean and with so many beautiful additions!

great work so far aleksandr!

Thanks !
It is very glad that work was pleasant.Set old also it is necessary to correct ridiculous errors.For example to close up holes,otherwise through hatches it is visible the earth :woohoo: :)

Hey mate
I missed your last installment, but believe me I am enthralled!
Some wonderful etch work. You deserve a medal for getting both the spare track holders and stowage rack assembled successfully!

Another couple of small things you could rectify.
The PE step added to the front of the transmission cover should be bent into a right angle, and attached in that way to the front edge of the existing clevis mounting.
I would recommend cutting off the flat two dimensional locking pins for the fuel cap lids. Use wire to simulate them in a better 3D form ;) Also, maybe cut two full circles off the other end of the chain; they are a little long.
Loving your work mate, and look forward to some more super photography...
Brad

Great work there! I still love Tamiya Shermans. A lot of fun.

Note I could not tell by the photos did you use aftermarket road wheels with "backs" on them?

Sherman 18 wrote:
Great work there! I still love Tamiya Shermans. A lot of fun.

Note I could not tell by the photos did you use aftermarket road wheels with "backs" on them?
Thanks !
I sometimes badly understand English :blush: :blush: :blush: ,If I have correctly understood, wheels I took from Academy :)

Very nice work, aleksandr! I'm not sure how this one got by me, but it is top notch!! Can't wait to see more!

Nice work Aleksandr , ............ she's a beauty , you've got some very cool pe work going on there !!!

Back