• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Semovente El Alamein circa 1942 COMPLETE!

Semovente El Alamein circa 1942 Flat and Dirty!

Primed it twice then? :idonno
Seems a wee bit redundant, donit?
Eccelente'!
Ciao!

The red wasn't applied for its primer properties, it was the color I was looking for. Besides, who doesn't use two coats of primer anyway? B)

Looking good!

B)

Looks fantastic Mike. The gun is a definite improvement. Weird about the depressions but they should fill nicely. Should look good with the Rams head also. Looking forward to more.
James

In retrospect, Given my 9 coats of flat black & hull gray on the USS Georgia, I find myself unable to poke at you further, Young Mikhail!
:notworthy

Nine?? :eek:hmy: You're gonna give ol' One Coat Dave heart failure. :rotf

Paint shows flaws. At least the old Georgia is Air-tight!

Spent the afternoon playing with the interior. A generous coating of cheap dollar store hair spray, followed by my own mix of light gray Tamiya. It's hard to tell if the interior was really light gray, but I like it. B)

h3cdf839.JPG

h6e25010.JPG

Break out the soft brush and a little water, swab it around until you get the wear pattern you want.

h9764432.JPG

Panels are just mocked up at this point, going to seal them with Future so I can add some washes without reactivating the hairspray.

h80cf2ae.JPG

h77b16b4.JPG

h1451d36.JPG

After the washes, I'll flat coat it and add the polished steel places where feet and hands rub. I added some cables and such for some additional things to look at and I'll detail paint some of the molded parts after the sealers.

Much more in store, thanks for dropping in. :drinks

Washes will pop those details right out! Do a big o' driveshaft run right up the middle of the Guinea Grinder?
:ro:
:notworthy

It does, I just didn't put it in there yet. My other Saturday project is almost done, a big ol' pot of homemade Italian red sauce. It's been smelling up the house and making it hard to concentrate. Going to go fire up the pasta and garlic bread, I'm hungry! :drool

h0b935c5.JPG

:drinks

Ooooh, there seems to be red sauce all inside that interior :D

Looking good Mike . (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

That is some great work! Of course, would not have actually expected less from you.....

BUT ARE YOU HAVING FUN?

Catherine would cook up the best spaghetti and I would ask for it often (y) :love

Thanks for reminding me Mike :good:

Tony lee :eek:ldguy

Back