• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

SAS jeep

Chris , :laugh: , I remember that one well , nothing like taking some smarmy all knowing armchair WWII historian down a notch , the equivalent of taking a dump in his hat and watching him wear it .

A modeler made a very well done scene of a PzII I believe towing an 88 in Africa ........... well Mr " I see all and know all " posted that according to German t.o.e. that would never happen , only authorized vehicles were allowed to tow this or that .
Well , I didn't like the guy to begin with so this provided an excellent opportunity for me to be the smart ass that I am .
I already had a ref pic of a PzII towing an 88 in my highly unorganized ref files , which I'm sure the modeler also used as his ref.
I save thousands and thousands of WWII ref pics , another hobby of mine .
I can't tell you what I had for dinner last night , but I know if I've seen and have a ref pic of some subject .
Welllll , after posting a plethera of Tigers towing Tigers , LKW's and PKW's being towed by this and that , I found a pic of a PKW officers car being towed out of a stream by an elephant . I saved that pic for last and wrote the " never say never " line when it comes to oddities in war .

Needless to say Mr smartass was a prominent member so I was deafiningly ignored from then on and high on his sh!t list , with constant veiled insults at every opportunity when I posted .
I stayed for a while longer then left , shame still have friends there and no it's not TNT .
Saul knows who this person is and has had similar problems from our early " forum modeling years " , good Lord that was a long time ago ..........

Wellllll , lookie what I found , a perfect example of what never would have happened , cause the Germans had rules for towing equipment !!!

Hi all
Outstanding ...bloody hell that brings back such great ,memory's yea we both ended up being about as welcome as a fart in a space suit happy days , what a great idea for dio
Cheers Chris

Hi all
The tarps were scratch which I think turned out not to bad , the straps were from my spares box that were photo etched ,Lille bit of a pain with my failing eyes

hffff00c.jpg

h05a28fd.jpg

I might just tone down the weathering ,but having seen the effect sun sand and temperature has on vehicles being pushed very often beyond there limit , aim starting to feel it might fit the situation.

I made the the two locking devices for the sand channels,no doubt they something different ,but I feel that these units were masters of improvisation

h9e33749.jpg

h7f8e3bd.jpg

I will have to do some work on the seams I left on the tyres ,which show up big time on pics . Did a bit of work on one of the crews not done his eyes ...have to be in the mood lol :facepalm

h774c30e.jpg

hf06dc78.jpg

h1d3fcbb.jpg

Cheers guys (y)

Cheers mate
Have done a little bit to day went to a gathering of the Clans last night family birthday ,so a bit worse for wear lol :popcorn :drinks :good:

Cheers Chris

Hi all
The tarps were scratch which I think turned out not to bad , the straps were from my spares box that were photo etched ,Lille bit of a pain with my failing eyes

hffff00c.jpg

h05a28fd.jpg

I might just tone down the weathering ,but having seen the effect sun sand and temperature has on vehicles being pushed very often beyond there limit , aim starting to feel it might fit the situation.

I made the the two locking devices for the sand channels,no doubt they something different ,but I feel that these units were masters of improvisation

h9e33749.jpg

h7f8e3bd.jpg

I will have to do some work on the seams I left on the tyres ,which show up big time on pics . Did a bit of work on one of the crews not done his eyes ...have to be in the mood lol :facepalm

h774c30e.jpg

hf06dc78.jpg

h1d3fcbb.jpg

Cheers guys (y)

Shalom.

Don't forget that in the desert, and without coloured google lenses, that the eyes would be mere slits against the hars sun and glare from the sand.

Cheers from Peter

Shalom.

Just wondering, and after looking the thread through again, are any of those SAS crew figures from Master Box?

Cheers from Peter

Hi mate
The one standing with the revolver on his hip will be holding a map case is master box Brit tankers with I think Hornet head .
The guy sat in the jeep is from the dragon jeep kit jury still out on him ,the arms are giving me concern .
Cheers Chris :drinks

Don't touch a thing! That looks splendid as is.

I have to laugh over the conversation regarding the "other" site. I left there in June never to return for the very same reasons.

I just wanted to know where they found an elephant that would cooperate.

G

Hi mate
Thanks for the reply ,yea the weathering sort of grows on ya lol , first attempt,so on the whole pretty pleased . .Yea there are some nice people at the other site ,however there are a few who just make my blood boil.
I am not looking for someone to blow smoke up my........ But at times individuals have been so picky to the point on a 1/35 dessert vehicle someone was told they had the wrong Mk type Enfield ? But in the same breath made no mention thar the vehicle had Bren guns every where and from my understanding were not favoured by LRDGs abs SAS.
Some of the models I do are a bit like the impressionist painters ,a touch here and there to suggest something , some times less is more .dont get me wrong i love detail as well and will sit in awe of the work and detail people produce ..that's what makes this such a wonderfull diverse hobby .
My intention now is to have one of the crew of my jeep in a morning suit spats straw hat (y) playing a banjo .......as glen said " never say never " .................Gods sake Glen find me that picture quick
Adios for now amigos :good: :drinks

Back