• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Ju 88 A1 in 1/32nd scale

A Quality Build of a Revell Ju 88 A1

Perfecto! Clear as can be and very informative. I'd email these pics directly to G Factor and ask for a refund, but then again I'm a wretched old beggar. ;D

If G Factor has new molds I'd contact them to get those bad ones swapped, hope they do it!

New format is great and good job on the review. Thanks Paul.

(BTW, I found where these images are being chopped off by 5 pixels, now the challenge is to fix it. )

Very well done review. Very very interesting stuff here.
James

Thanks everyone!
I'm trying! :laugh:
Actually, it seemed easier to do the little pages. They just seemed to flow right along. :D

Per ypou suggestions Chuk and Sharkmouth, I tried to go to the G-Factor site and it appears to have gone Le Poof. While it could just be a server problem, it could also be that word has gotten out about the Ju88 landing gear and he has LePoofy'd. :blink I will wait a few days and see if the site comes back up. As it is, you pays your money, you takes your chances with any smaller AM supplier.

As the old saying goes fool me once shame on you. . . only rarely do they get a second chance. Now to figure out what I want to build for "Call to Arms II" (y)

Amazing project! Ju-88 is my favorite... :ro:
Ah... CMK. I have many aftermarket stuff from CMK really hit and miss...

All the best!
Dusan.

Amazing project! Ju-88 is my favorite... :ro:
Ah... CMK. I have many aftermarket stuff from CMK really hit and miss...

All the best!
Dusan.

Yeah the Ju88 is one of my favs too. Alsohave the A4 kit and it is a good kit as well!

I believe you are right about CMK and the hit/miss. In the 2 sets I bought the radios were actually OK and would have done well Except I had the Eduard PE and the radio faces were pretty nice (wait 'till you see the radio wall I built B) (y) ) Anyway, out of the CMK stuff the double snail ammo canisters are quite good, the radios are decent enough to do something with, the rest is destined for file 13.

I don't know why it's cropping. Seen this only with photobucket images. It has that original tag on it, not sure if it even has an effect on our BBCode system, seems I remember Phil trying to make use of it and having problems.

Hi Paul, PB took the bigger display away from free account users but after countless emails from a lot of people including myself they gave it back.

Do this.

Log onto PB

on your profile/log out tab click settings.

then Albums.

click Upload Options.

check the 1024x768 and also check Display my linked photos in their original size.

Also in Album settings have Easy linking mode checked on.

Link back to Albums Off = otherwise your linked photos will display at PB at 1024 pixels.

Right click on this photo, view image

DSC_0618X1.jpg~original

Here you can see my photo displayed here at 2000 x 1335 the max size PB will allow free accounts

Should have read a little further Phil :cheer:

I figured all that out with PBucket about a week ago after I discovered there were problems. PB changed my original settings which had the photos showing at 1280. The crop problem along the right side of the photos is something in the MA forum code and it is happening to everyone's photos. It's just that most photos it is not apparent on. Mine had a black edge line that was missing in the posts so it was readily apparent.

Moon Puppy is aware of the side clip and wants to fix it, but needs to do a full backup to the MA forum first. Just in case. Just like me to push the envelope and find a flaw.

:geek

Not a biggie as is, doesn't really hurt anything, but wll make a difference if e can fix it for everyone. :D

The crop problem along the right side of the photos is something in the MA forum code and it is happening to everyone's photos.

Strange.

checked my photos on my computer compared to the photos on PB and same photos posted here in 1280 - no cropping/missing sides on mine. :blink :idonno

B) I like the way you roll.
Great build , skills and presentation :drinks .
Very readable and interesting.
:)

Brokeneagle

Is there room at the table for one more. I'd like to drag up a chair and peek over your shoulder too! :drinks

Well everyone, it appears that the G-Factor site is gone. Have tried various links and searches, and I always get the "site is gone or moved" notice. I could try to send an e-mail to the address I found for the Gee guy, but if the site is down I most likely wouldn't get a reply either. :(

Oh well, it isn't like I will ever buy anything from him again, so on with things. I will try to have some new posts soon, right now I am dealing with my fuzzy friend being in a lt of pain. Somehow has hurt his neck and have him at the doggy doc (again). Hopefully it won't break the bank, but have had a lot of large bills lately and the finances have not caught back up. UGH! :S

Hey all! Been busy putting together a new post. Itsa gonna be a biggun! Also been taking care of my fuzzy buddy. He spent 2 1/2 days at the vet. Somehow hurt his neck and was hurting just as bad as I do when my back is acting up.

Here is a photo of my (not so) little stuporvisor curled up under my watch bench. His usual spot.

MyStuporvisor.jpg~original

Between taking care of him and doing all the other chores that were in need around my place , building has been on the back burner for a couple of weeks. Finally did my biggie chore yesterday and did my Karate Kid impression (wax on-wax off) on my 'Yota. :blink

So expect a couple of long posts in the next few days. :laugh:

Hey all! Been busy putting together a new post. Itsa gonna be a biggun! Also been taking care of my fuzzy buddy. He spent 2 1/2 days at the vet. Somehow hurt his neck and was hurting just as bad as I do when my back is acting up.

Here is a photo of my (not so) little stuporvisor curled up under my watch bench. His usual spot.

MyStuporvisor.jpg~original

Between taking care of him and doing all the other chores that were in need around my place , building has been on the back burner for a couple of weeks. Finally did my biggie chore yesterday and did my Karate Kid impression (wax on-wax off) on my 'Yota. :blink

So expect a couple of long posts in the next few days. :laugh:

(y) Take care of the pup (y) :popcorn I can wait .

Cheers, Christian B)

Well everyone, it appears that the G-Factor site is gone. Have tried various links and searches, and I always get the "site is gone or moved" notice. I could try to send an e-mail to the address I found for the Gee guy, but if the site is down I most likely wouldn't get a reply either. :(

Oh well, it isn't like I will ever buy anything from him again, so on with things. I will try to have some new posts soon, right now I am dealing with my fuzzy friend being in a lt of pain. Somehow has hurt his neck and have him at the doggy doc (again). Hopefully it won't break the bank, but have had a lot of large bills lately and the finances have not caught back up. UGH! :S

Really? Man that's a shame. The landing gear they did for the 1:32 Tamiya Mustang was great, I know the problem you had was a big turn off, wonder what happened to them. :idonno

Take care of that pup, he's countin' on ya! :mpup

The landing gear they did for the 1:32 Tamiya Mustang was great,

and I really didn't care for SAC's set - we buy these for strength, but the SAC tailwheel fork bends every time I blink. The mains are okay, but in retrospect the kit's plastic tailwheel would have been a much better part to use with the metal mains.

Thanks for all your kind comments about the build and my Fuzzy Friend! Much appreciated!

The landing gear they did for the 1:32 Tamiya Mustang was great,

and I really didn't care for SAC's set - we buy these for strength, but the SAC tailwheel fork bends every time I blink. The mains are okay, but in retrospect the kit's plastic tailwheel would have been a much better part to use with the metal mains.

I didn't really like even the look of the SAC landing gear. I guess too many years of messing around with white metal gaming miniatures has given me a good feel for how white metals "don't" work. As for the Ju88 kits, they are fairly light weight for their size. I am sure the kit landing gear is adequate for the model, but it doesn't mean some improvements aren't a wise investment.

With that I have some more photos and information. As I have so many pics it will be in 2 posts, so here we go. . . .

Ju88A1-018.jpg~original

Ju88A1-019.jpg~original

Ju88A1-020.jpg~original

Ju88A1-021.jpg~original

Ju88A1-022.jpg~original

Ju88A1-023.jpg~original

Ju88A1-024.jpg~original

Back