• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell Ju 88 A1 in 1/32nd scale

A Quality Build of a Revell Ju 88 A1

OK, all and good, Chuk. Would you reccommend I continue to use the font I have now (comic sans MS) or go with something else, Ariel, Courier, Times New Roman, or something else. I was wanting to use a Gothic font for the titles but those fonts were totally unreadable.

Looks like this could turn into a teaching thread on how to make good photo postsas well. :v

Wonderful build so far Paul (y) (y)

This thread will be a big help for me when i decide to start building my JU88A1 :)
I know i bought some smaller resin wheels for it, but not sure wich manufacturer it was :hmmm

I have the A4 version to so i better get moving hahaha, as i'm not so used to building airplanes i have a lot to learn from looking at your pics :good:

About the look of your post, the text is a little small but i have no problem reading it, but maybe as chuck said less info in each pic and more pics instead would help :idonno

Really looking forward to your next post :drinks

By the way, i'm also here because of drama in another forum ;) Ma is the place to be :ro:

//Mats

Really cool project, that's a lot of AM goodies you have!

I also found the CMK interior set for my 48th Ju88 somewhat disappointing, I ended up going with the Dragon kit pieces.

The 1280 size pics are actually quite easy to see and read, but no one wants to download them, (nor should they have to)

I love 1280 size pics cause I can see them better!!!! I always post in that size here too.

Yes some forums do have idiots that like to spoil what you like to do by using sly behind your back and to your face comments, don't let them get to you, they probably can't build and present to your level and that's how they like to get their jollies off, and we all have had that sad experience along the modelling path.

Now Bob can tell you in his Southern way to get this project moving- over to you Bob!! :mpup

Wonderful build so far Paul (y) (y)

This thread will be a big help for me when i decide to start building my JU88A1 :)
I know i bought some smaller resin wheels for it, but not sure wich manufacturer it was :hmmm

I have the A4 version to so i better get moving hahaha, as i'm not so used to building airplanes i have a lot to learn from looking at your pics :good:

About the look of your post, the text is a little small but i have no problem reading it, but maybe as chuck said less info in each pic and more pics instead would help :idonno

Really looking forward to your next post :drinks

By the way, i'm also here because of drama in another forum ;) Ma is the place to be :ro:

//Mats

Oh My looks like I came along in the nick of time eh?! :eek:hmy:

Just bought my copy of the A4 a couple of weeks ago. Same basic kit, but with many parts changed or added. A number of the same issues as the A1 and some new errata due to the different parts. In researching A1 info I ran across a ton of later model info, A lot of it was A4 and learned the differences.

Aftermarket parts:

Aeries
Wheel set is basically a redo / correction of the kit wheels. Incorrect for the A1 version but useable for the A4. Detail a little soft (as the kit wheels)

Eduard
Brassin Early wheel set, awesome detail, correct size for early A1 model BUY IT! Only critique is to USE THE INSTRUCTIONS! I messed up my first set and assembled them wrong and had to get another set. My bad.
Brassin Late wheel set, should be like the early set and slightly larger as used on the later versions. I will be buying this for my A4
Eduard PE/ Big Ed sets for A1 and A4 Highly reccomended! Not for everyone and there are issues with some of the parts in the A1 (and possibly) A4 sets, but these can be left out if need be.

G Factor
Landing gear. My set is from the current production and are a fail. They are about 15 to 20% undersized and do not fit nor look correct. In addition I found other things that should have been added to make them more accurate. In this the kit parts can be vastly strengthened, corrected and made where they look quite accurate. Definitely save your money. My next photo post will be jumping to this issue.

ProfiModeller
PE/resin sets for main gear wells and tail wheel well. I won't review poorly on these sets as they can give an OK impression of what is supposed to be there. However they are not really all that close to correct either. I decided to pass on them and went the scratchbuild way which I will show you. (with patterns and corrections) :laugh:

The Kits
Both the A1 and A4 kits are good solid starting point kits and will build acceptably out of the box. There is also a lot of room for improvement on them. The main issues are: Landing gear issues, main gear well internal gaps, vertical stabilizer thickness and rudder size and shape issues, Some small items in the cockpit, and recently I found a big fit issue with the C-Stand gondola under the cockpit.

This is just a brief touch on things I have found and will be going over in detail. If you are building an A1 or A4 ASK questions!!! I have both kits and a lot of info for both.

Hope this helps and gives everyone an outline of some of the main issues in these kits and AM items.

:geek

Thanks for the info :good:
I pulled out the box and checked what make the wheels where, it was from AirDOC, #ADR 32002

P1070634~0.JPG

Not sure yet though if i will build it in "flying mode" or not, that would save me work on the landinggear :)

But creates work on the props :bang head

//Mats

Late to the thread as always....

Paul, your posts look fantastic! It shows that you put a lot of work into them! My only issue was the size on my screen (could have been a bit larger but I was able to read everything ok).

Looks like it is going to be a fantastic build! Will watch with interest!

:popcorn

Mats I am not familiar with that company. From your photo it seems like the wheels could be new sculpts or redos of the kit wheels. The Eduard wheels are from a 3D cad creationn and then are 3D printed on some kind of a super high res printer. All of Eduards Brassin products that I have seen are of an unbelievable quality. That does not mean that they don't have some issues, but most of the issues are quite small that I have seen.

Hey Warren! Glad you joined! Your post helps me to start some talk about what we are seeing on our 'puter screens.

What I currently log ong the inter net with is an Android tablet with a High res screen. (1920 x 1200) Yup just like my 24 inch monitir at home. Now I have taken some screen captures of both Chuk's IAR 81C tread, and my Ju88 thread to see what the forum does with the pictures.

In both threads the width of the pictures in the screen captures are 1162 pixels wide. Now if you download copies of the origionals, Chuk's pictures are 1000 pixels wide and my pictures are 1024 wide (hmm should be 1280 no wonder they look like poo) :pinch: Well anyway, It looks like the forum optimal pic size is 1162 by however tall on an HD screen. Maybe some of you with screens that have different resolutions could comment on this. I believe this could help all of us to optimize our photos for display.

Comments?

Pulling up a chair for this one :popcorn . Looks like an amazing collection of goodies for that beastie. I have the Promodeler version of this kit in the stash. Just wish that Revell included bombs with my version :bang head

Paul the pixel width of the message column of this forum is 820px, height is really not an issue. Can't speak for other websites, that mileage may vary. Any images that are wider will be reduced to fit that width automatically by the forum software, again, other websites may not have that functionality. 1024 width generally doesn't have much issue being reduced but try format your images with that in mind.

And for the Brasin, yeah the set I got looked great, fit sucked but that's another subject.

Well I think I found part of the problem with my photos, 'Bucket now downsizes to 1024 and doesn't do a very good job of it. I used to be able to have that set to 1280 and then the shrink down for the forum display didn't go all to garbage. Will try some things later and see what happens.

So what's the story Moon? I assembled my wheels (twice :bang head ) from my own screw up. There was a little gap around the center hub, but nothing that was a problem.

I'll see if I can find a link to it Paul, one of those things I like to forget. It was there P38 "Special Edition".

Sigh
The browser on this tablet really really socks. Just about had this reply done and it dumped. Real PITA to use. :bang head

Anyway, I revised the first post with the photos. Photos 6 thru 10 have been replaced with edited photos that have a little larger text, and other minor tweaks. They seem OK though it appears that the right edge is slightly cropped. Let me know how they look to you. If they are good this gives me a baseline to start with.

Time to get off here and go get something constructive done.

Thanks Everyone! (y)

Sigh
The browser on this tablet really really socks. Just about had this reply done and it dumped. Real PITA to use. :bang head

Anyway, I revised the first post with the photos. Photos 6 thru 10 have been replaced with edited photos that have a little larger text, and other minor tweaks. They seem OK though it appears that the right edge is slightly cropped. Let me know how they look to you. If they are good this gives me a baseline to start with.

Time to get off here and go get something constructive done.

Thanks Everyone! (y)

What tablet are you using. My Kindle Fire loves to do that to me all the time. :vmad

I don't know why it's cropping. Seen this only with photobucket images. It has that original tag on it, not sure if it even has an effect on our BBCode system, seems I remember Phil trying to make use of it and having problems.

Really, have you looked at our Gallery system?

https://www.modelersalliance.com/gallery/

Hey Nerdling
I am using an ASUS TF700T Android 4.0 tablet with the attachable keyboard. I mostly use the basic browser app as it seems to work the most reliably and is more intuitive. The Chrome app is a pain to use and has issues, though it will work in instances where the browser app chokes. Usually the only time it dumps is when I am trying to type up a post and start going back and forth editing the text. Could be a software bug, could be a hardware issue. Being aware of it I usually can avoid problems.

Hey ya Moon
Am not worried about the slight side crop, those 4 images are a relly odd size and it was an experiment. I will be trying a few other things as we go on here. Question, were the photos and text clearer?

Hey all!
Here is a new installment of the build. I kind of jumped ahead a little bit so as to cover a section where I found a problem with an aftermarket purchase. I think I might have mentioned that there is a lot of this kit built up, but it is in a bunch of sub-assemblies which I can shuffle around to suit what I am trying to show. It's all good though and if you get lost, tell me.

So, here are some new photos in a new format. I know that there is a fair amount of text explaining, couldn't really get around some of that here. Also some feedback on appearance, and text size would be appreciated.

Here goes:

Ju88A1-011.jpg~original

Ju88A1-012.jpg~original

Ju88A1-013.jpg~original

Ju88A1-014.jpg~original

Ju88A1-015.jpg~original

Ju88A1-016.jpg~original

Ju88A1-017.jpg~original

Back