• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/144 SST CONCORDE

much obliged.

Decals decals decals! I have just finished the left side of the fuselage and upper left wing . This bird is a little awkward to handle so I'm trying to finish an area and get a good drying of the decals before moving on to the next.
h89daee5.jpg

ha9a567a.jpg

h81e9caa.jpg

h0f68ffd.jpg

haba2a18.jpg

I'll be moving over to the other side and repeating the process later this week.
Thanks for looking in.

Excellent idea doing one side and letting it dry before moving to the other side. I'm doing the same thing with my Boeing 737; only I'm clearcoating the decaled side first before moving on to finish it. Looks like these decals are going on well. Way to go!

These decals are great! Revell upped their game going with Cartograph for this kit.
Working one side at a time just seems to be be the best approach. There’s just so many stencils that going back aforth would surely screw something up.

Another Sunday update. It seems lately that I only get any model time on Sunday.
The right side of the fuselage id now decalled as is the top of the right wing
hda2402c.jpg

seeing how I was on a roll I got a few on the lower wings, and the engine inlets.
h1ed8cd9.jpg

Then I came to these
hab57581.jpg

I had to google the inlets just to see what exactly these decals are. Here's the image
h32e7788.jpg

Ok .......time to call it a day and tackle these when I'm fresh. too tiny and fiddley to try today. I've had 4 uninterrupted hours at the bench today. No sense in screwing it up now.

She's lookin' swell.

Wonder what the view from the cheap seats was like in this thing. I still say it's a crying shame these graceful aircraft are not flying anymore.

A shame indeed. They were already on their last lap when the Paris accident happened. Just economically unsustainable, and ecologically unfriendly. Still an awesome piece of technology, and a beautiful bird.

Thanks Dave and you too Bob.

I can offically say the decalling has come to an end.

All I have left is add the landing gear, gloss it do a light wash and seal and she'll be ready for thr prom.

hc929d2d.jpg

ha29c1fb.jpg

h840c73b.jpg

Thanks Duke and Mike!
This has been one of the most fun builds I’ve done in a long time. I guess it shows in how the model is turning out.

Looks fantastic!

I must have skipped a lot of the decals on the one I built as a kid. I don't recall it being that detailed!

Thanks fellas!
I hope to finish her up this weekend. And then get some glamor shots posted.
Thanks for looking in.

Back