• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Revell 1/144 SST CONCORDE

That's okay that you used the rattle can. All my white lately has been Wal-Mart's 96-cent rattle can of white. Hey, if it works......

h816f3bd.jpg

Thanks fellas.Finally after 10 days for the paint to dry, actually just got my first day off from work. I got a little bit of bench time this morning before the wife enlisted me for some yard and garden work. which too has been neglected due to my work schedule.

So on to an update....... I got to spray the hot sections of the engine with MM Titanium and the thrust reversers with MM gunmetal, and got them glued in place.

At this point I said what the heck and started on the decals. Not much progress there as the wife started calling me to join her but I did manage to get the starboard vertical tail decalled.

so that's the progress for today, I'm hoping I can get an hour or two during the coming week to do more.

Wow $1.19, that's fantastic. I use rattle cans frequently and find they give an excellent finish.

Hang around I’m about to do something really stupid!
Ben dere, done dat, but I kinda edge it a bit and stop by the paddle store on the way upstream. ;)

Thanks Bob!
Hang around I’m about to do something really stupid!

:hmmm :pilot

Welcome to my world. :good:

I live in that world too...

Way to go on those engines and that tail decal. This is really looking great!

That tail decal is really something. It come as 2 pieces. One is sized to fit over an elliptical fairing I assume the actuator for the rudder. Once it’s on and dry the second decal covers the rest of the tail. It has cut outs for the aforementioned fairing and a small antennae at the top.
Thats one big decal. I had to do some finagalling to get it placed. Lots of water and a brush to nudge it around. But no tears I think I slice the other into more manageable sections just to not press my luck too much.

Revell 1/144 Concorde

I started this in Let’s Be Civil, forgot it it was there and put it here by mistake.
If you want to move it back to Civil that would make sense. I’ve had a rough week.....lol

Revell 1/144 Concorde

I started this in Let’s Be Civil, forgot it it was there and put it here by mistake.
If you want to move it back to Civil that would make sense. I’ve had a rough week.....lol

Merged and I moved this to "Wesendorf Field" (to Tom :drinks ).

:pilot

Thank you Bob. I sure can make a mess of things can’t I?

I’m gonna try to get the rest of the left side cheatline on today stay tuned!

well...... That wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. That's the left side done, going to let it dry real good. then start on the other side.
That stripe has a total of 4 decals butted end to end......
h0226ee0.jpg

Back