• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Resting Soviet Soldier 43-45

Yes Mike I think Ive cracked it (y) but .........you should have seen the mix palette before I eventually got the mix right

F* mess ! :beer

Ok heres a quick update and picture of the greatcoat basecoat

Panzer grey 70995 + Highlight German 1 338 ( fieldgrau) ratio of 1:2 plus a dash of English Uniform 70921

Personally think its a great base to start the high and low lighting plus mixing in different colours to add depth and interest

IMAG0058.jpg

heres a little more artistic value :gogo

IMAG0063-1.jpg

(y)

A model life lesson

Don't do it when you're tired cos you will muck something up ! :(

Didnt shake up the Vallejo bottle good enough so came out glossy and then didnt shake up the matt coat good enough cos it came out glossy

Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ! :(

:zen

But you sure can get it right ones it has dried by doing it again,right Sir Andrew of Fettes? ;) :drinks

Greetings,Ron.

Hey thanks James

You know it really helps that the sculptor really made a good job on the head it makes life much easier when it comes to painting (y)

Recovery update

Steaming ahead with the recovery of the upper jacket that was glossed by yours truely :angry:

and now highlighting and lowlighting :D

and something new to me anyway,, :eek:hmy: Ive been filtering with green violet and brown, respectively :pinch:
Although you cant see much on the photo it does break up the monotony of a bland colour

Enough words heres the visual

IMAG0064.jpg

oh yeah, I did the shoulder and collar tabs and repainted the star on the Ushanka as they were a khaki colour and not red after 1942 or 1943, whatever,..no matter as the bloke will be set in 1945 :drinks

Update

Well in this shot you can see that I have painted the hands and yes Ron he even has fingernails (y)

and have started the dirtying up of the great coat using different browns etc I want to do a darker colour to simulate wet earth so I shall have to plan that in too.

Coats still a bit shiney what do you people think ? :huh:

Hopefully you can see some filtering in this pic a bit better especially the violet

Shut up Fettes and show us the pictures,..oh ok then,.....

photo.jpg

Cheers Roberto ! :D

Fine tuning time with sleeve shadows and highlights,..finally seeing the end of the glossiness !

Work on the Nosin Rifle with wood grain effects and the rifle sling itself

plenty more to do but heres the visuals once again,....cue music :facepalm

IMAG0069.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

Oh BTW I thought of this pieces title,... its going to be called

" A seat at Seelow "

Sovietski bloke looks mighty fine,Andy! (y)

...and yeah,once again your manicure job looks fine as well. ;)

Greetings,Ron.

The boots update

As you may well know I like painting boots and without further ado here they are !

Also added some more dirt to the lower portion of the coat

IMAG0074.jpg

Back