• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Resting Soviet Soldier 43-45

Disaster strikes !!

A thin application of Tamiya primer did something to the rifle strap and one end fell off,..so that has now to be rectified.,easy enough though

but

This morning I picked the man up and promptly dropped in on the wood floor,..picked him up only to find is left boot and gone whizzing off somewhere

Half hour on hands and knees and nothing !! :(

Andrew is not a happy bunny !

Andrew is now a very happy bunny

Having found the previously mentioned boot in an obscure corner of the room about 3 millions miles away from where the man was dropped

Out with the supaglue

(y) found anything else when crawling around? :D
Wonderful job so far on this one Andy!
//Mats

Update

A simple task,...yeah right,..a considerable pain in the arse was to replace the broken lapel with green stuff ( I did try aves epoxy sculpt but sadly didnt work ) and the left collar that broke off when I got the bloke out of the box and did some initial clean up

Pic is super close up and it looks bad but will be cleaned up in due course

IMAG0036.jpg

This one is further away and looks better

IMAG0034.jpg

Impulse Impulse !!!! :eek:hmy:

Ok I was looking at the face and I had to slap a basecoat on it to have a look see

I am very impressed with my phone camera as I can take really good close ups ( for me anyway )they are not that clear but will give you an impression,.....

Heres bloke with basecoat of Vallejo flesh base + red leather and shadows were acheived by adding shadows flesh

IMAG0037-1.jpg

Andy I'm the same way with the one on my phone now. just not easy getting the image off the camera to the computer so I can edit out the bad spots...:woohoo

Comrade is looking swell. :popcorn

I tried that as well mate it wouldnt stay put and I had to wrap it under the coat label that was still there

The green stuff I had to blend in to the coat and eventually got it nearly right,...

a good paint job will hide all the mess :D

Looking good Andy!

Have you tried Procreate Putty? You can roll it out really, really thin and it stays slightly flexible after curing,
not brittle like most putties.

Tom

Cheers Mike,... :D

Tom I have heard of it but no I have not tried it, but that sounds good and may have to invest,...thank you mate

Ok heres a quick update and picture of the greatcoat basecoat

Panzer grey 70995 + Highlight German 1 338 ( fieldgrau) ratio of 1:2 plus a dash of English Uniform 70921

Personally think its a great base to start the high and low lighting plus mixing in different colours to add depth and interest

IMAG0058.jpg

heres a little more artistic value :gogo

IMAG0063-1.jpg

Back