• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Pro Racing" Campaign Reference

Not sure Bob, could be venting from passenger compartment :idonno The Mustangs had problems with air pressure build up in passenger compartment, that I do know. Also could be they are trying to get more air to the brakes.

Here is some nice pictures of a restored one. Holes in the doors also

http://canepa.com/inventory/racecar_1/Penske%20Camaro/index.html

Holes in the doors, holes in the door jam and holes in the wheel well but where does the air come from to cool the brakes? Love how they have the original door panels still in place. :coolio

That is pretty cool.

If they hadn't had the description on that page about the holes, I would have guessed they were for weight reduction instead of cooling. I wonder how well it worked b/c the air would just hit the surface of the tire, it doesn't look like they've got any ducting at all to help direct airflow inside the rim to the backside of the rotor or to the caliper.

Bob, if you look at the 2nd to last picture, it shows the LF wheel well. You can see that there is an opening that looks like it leads into the door cavity, I would assume that is where the air enters the door.

It is just from the body of the car through the doors & jams ......... Nice references but now ya got me thinking ..... "Spring 'li Cobra - Get ready to Strike " ....... :eek:ldguy

1joe2.JPG

1MeyerHO.JPG

1MIKE2.JPG

1snow.JPG

1star.JPG

2alaba.JPG

2annin.JPG

2maybeck.JPG

2moby.JPG

2Setzer.JPG

2Troj.JPG

2xa.JPG

3_0_kenz___leslie_1.jpg

3boweevi.jpg

Now some photos of one the most fun cars ever built. I went for a ride in one years ago with a guy in Colorado that raced them in road racing, what a blast.

trackrod_rally_2005_0051.jpg

rovercooperbig.jpg

MONTE_70_AUSTIN_Mini_Cooper_S_Ochda_Dominguez.jpg

mini-cooper-s-at-the-1964-monte-carlo-rally-photo-338232-s-1280x782.jpg

mini-a.jpg

MIM203_racing4.jpg

manx-classic-2011-mini.jpg

l_mch-2013-84.jpg

austin-mini-cooper-s-rally-1964-02-copy.jpg

austin-mini-cooper-rallye-monte-carlo-historique-1999-copy.jpg

article-1312225-0B10033D000005DC-127_468x286.jpg

7395376194_86620ec74c_z.jpg