• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Possibly a modelers alliance.com get together?

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
It would seem that Squadron/MMD has a new CEO. She has asked Susan and I to attend as guests of honor next June. The show has been called Eagle Quest for a few years now, it was called Mastercon for twenty years. I started the convention in 1990 when I ran VLS. I only attended the first show in Dallas in 2008.

I told all this to Moon Puppy and he suggested I post the information so maybe we can all get together in Dallas in 2015! When it was in Missouri, we averaged 500 to 600 attendees every year. Since MMD bought VLS, the attendance has dropped off considerably. The new CEO wants to take it back to the greatness it once was. I'm happy about that and Susan and I are going to help try to increase the attendance.

The show will be held in Grapevine, Texas, a suburb of Dallas on the 18th, 19th and 20th of June next summer. For information on hotels and registration go to Squadron.com and click on "Eagle Quest".

It would be great to see you guys in person, there is a competition that covers juniors, beginner's, intermediates and advanced. I believe there is a banquet and a giant warehouse sale, where you can shop in Squadron's massive 50K square foot warehouse. They even supply the shopping carts!

You have plenty of advance notice to make your plans, so we hope to see you all next summer!

Bob and Susan Letterman!

I've already checked out flights and hotel. Now I gotta save up some lunch money and figure out how to get all that plastic back to SC in carryon luggage.

What about it folks, who's in?

We will be there. I have not missed one since MC6. I'm sure the old guard that has been holding the line will be thrilled.

I have not heard any of the details of the shakeup MMD. Can you give more on that.

Terry

(y)

I would be totally up for it but me and Sarah are finally tying the knot on the 27th and it would just be too close. :frantic

We will be there. I have not missed one since MC6. I'm sure the old guard that has been holding the line will be thrilled.

I have not heard any of the details of the shakeup MMD. Can you give more on that.

Terry

(y)

Terry,

You'll have to get that elsewhere. If I was to tell you on this forum, it would be considered political. All I can say is that Mike McMahon is no longer with the company and the new CEO, Gwynne Gorr, is from The Franklin Mint and appointed by the true owners of Squadron/MMD, a financial concern in Florida. If you want to contact me directly, we can discuss it.

I'll just be glad to host the round table as I did for all those years! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Bob

I've already checked out flights and hotel. Now I gotta save up some lunch money and figure out how to get all that plastic back to SC in carryon luggage.

What about it folks, who's in?

I attended in 2008. I bought that 1/35th scale Dora RR gun on sale for 40% off. They shipped it home for me! I can't speak for the company, but I think they will ship for customers. Check with them for details!

Bob

Terry

(y)

Terry,

You'll have to get that elsewhere. If I was to tell you on this forum, it would be considered political. All I can say is that Mike McMahon is no longer with the company and the new CEO, Gwynne Gorr, is from The Franklin Mint and appointed by the true owners of Squadron/MMD, a financial concern in Florida. If you want to contact me directly, we can discuss it.

I'll just be glad to host the round table as I did for all those years! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Bob

Ok.

(y)

Definitely something I'd be interested in attempting. Hopefully Squadron is in much better shape by then. Glad to hear the new CEO wants to work on improving things.

It is just over a twelve hour drive for me. I know Grace would be up for it. I'll do some checking. It would be a blast to see everyone.

I would love to be there but i don't think i can make it due to work commitments. Maybe 2016?
Last one I was at was MC 2.

Ian.

I would love to be there but i don't think i can make it due to work commitments. Maybe 2016?
Last one I was at was MC 2.

Ian.

I remember it well Ian!

I'm not certain of the future of this, but I hope it is successful and will continue!

Bob

would be nice but a little bit to far :)

Same here.
Well in Europe we always have the mini M.A get together at the Scale Model Challenge show in the Netherlands.People like ;Luc Klinkers,Willem,Jogy,Erik (Dragunov),Mats & Veerle and me can be found at that show.
It is however always hard to get everyone together at the same time to take M.A.members photo's. :hmmm

...oh,and don't forget the grill. :D

Greetings,Ron.

Would be awesome to go to, but I don't think I would make it from Oregon to Texas anytime soon. Just to far and money is always tight. But you guys have an awesome time :drinks

Gonna talk to my wife & see if she'd be interested. Also thinking that I may look at just driving instead of attempting to fly.

Back