• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Persian Immortal

James wrote:

I cant seem to get the hang of blending acrylics. Tried all of what I've read in my books and still it is escaping me. But here is a bit more.

Hi James, I like your work a lot !

If you have trouble blending Acrylics you might want to experiment with the wet on wet Acrylics technique explained here by Calvin Tan. He tries to give the wet on wet oil painters an alternative using Acrylics and an Acrylics retarder.

By the way, I'm curious: which color are you going to use to shade the yellow ???

Greetings,

;)

Frank.

Thanks for the link Frank. Excellent tutorial. I will try using browns to darken it and lighten with white. And if worse comes to worse I'll do it in oils over the acrylic.

Thanks everyone.
James

Tiny bit more. Tomorrow when I get home I have to do a brown oil on the belts. Touch up the red and yellow, then try and shade them. Put a wash around the studs to delineate them more, paint the sash ends blue then attach and shade. Then figure out the pants. Might go with yellow and red stripes. Dont feel adventurous enough to do diamonds. Next weekend I hope to do the Leopard shield.

22.jpg

23.jpg

James

Only got a little bit done. New section at work and its had me knackered.

Did some more detail work. Started shading the red. painted the buckles and lace. Still have to figure out how to do the yellow. Still have to do beard. Not happy with hat.

25.jpg

24.jpg

Comments and critiques welcome.

James

Dear James.

...a washing nad drybrushing on the hat...it´ll seem good...it´s not bad at all...love the job on the leather1

Best!

Luiz.

It's looking good James! love the leather and yellow colours you have there, a little work on the hat and it will look great to :)
//Mats

Not much today. It was a day off so had to play taxi and do shopping. Had a few minutes while waiting for wife to get ready for Christmas party so painted then glued on the sash end, drilled out spear point and glued on shaft. Hopefully more tomorrow.

26.jpg

James

Back