• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Persian Immortal

Looks splendid my friend you have a fine blank canvas to add your paint too

I saw the thread over on PF so you beat me to it LOL

Looking great James! i'm at the same stage, primed and ready to paint :) just got to get started!
Just go for it James!!
//Mats

Okay Mike wanted me to update whatever I was working on, and how can I refuse. There really isnt much to show. I painted a basic flesh and did the eyes, which didnt turn out too too badly. Trying to decide if I will emulate Andy and finish face in acrylics, or finish in oils.

8%7E0.jpg

7%7E0.jpg

Photo skills still suck.
James

Okay my attempt at oil face. I dont think I will change it and it will look better after it dries, or at least that has been my experience.

11.jpg

10.jpg

9.jpg

I will have to do more work with the hair of course. So comments critiques etc welcomed.
James

Thanks Bob and Ian. I dont think I'll be giving lessons any time soon. Will paint the hat after we get back from shopping. I think that will showcase the face better. Dont think it turned out too badly at all, or at least the wife gave it a thumbs up :D
James

Thanks Ron. Giovanni really helped me along. Still scared to do faces though. Probably the only reason I am not doing more figures, especially as I really enjoy them.
James

Back