• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer IV G

Ovidiu

So as I promised, I'll start the little Panzer IV Ausf G. I think it will be winter camouflage, and Out of Box, because the time it's short.

_MG_6881-1500.jpg

Welcome to the build! Should be a good project. Can't wait to see more.

Terry B)

Great you joined in on this groupbuild!! You still got some time left! Looking forward to see the pictures!!

Good luck with the build

Erik

OK. It is about Panzer IV G early production. (Not too early in my opinion).

Here some reviews:
Mike High
Cookie Sewell

7278poster.jpg

The kit it's ok, nice details, but not too early, like I said.
This tank was build in 1700 copies in late spring 1942 untill summer 1943.

In may 1942 - frontal armour protection was increased by welding 30mm ZUSATZPANZER on to the hull&superstructure front - in kit both variants
_MG_6894.jpg

June 1942 - a rack for two spare roadwheels was mounted on the left track guard

_MG_6898.jpg

Brackets to hold seven spare track links were welded on to the glacis plate

_MG_6899.jpg

September 1942 - instaled Notek Lamp

_MG_6900.jpg

The signal ports on the driver and radio operator hatches were removed

_MG_6901.jpg

Tha ball-shaped muzzle brake was replaced by a double-chamber muzzle brake with four side ports

_MG_6903.jpg

February 1943 - sets of three smoke candle dischargers were mounted on the left and right turret side. I must mount this smoke candle because otherwise in kit there is no hook in place
_MG_6905.jpg

A new cupola was introduced , with a single piece hatch lid. In kit is just two-piece cupola in two variants open/close

_MG_6907.jpg

(Hilary Doyle & Tom Jentz - Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. G, H and J 1942-45)

That being said, I think this is more middle production (february 1943).

_MG_6925.jpg

Hi Ovidiu.

That is very nice. And it is cool to see all the changes that a vehicle goes through as the war progressed.

Now I hope we can see you do some paint work.

Gary B)

Thanks guys.
It's time to paint job. So:

primer panzer grey

_MG_6930.jpg

a thin layer of ochre

_MG_6935.jpg

future - decals - future - grey matt for preshadow white layer

_MG_6942.jpg

the white layer

_MG_6944.jpg

Deck Tan for interior

_MG_6945.jpg

start to paint details
_MG_6951.jpg

I'll be back :)

Hello Ovidiu, Thank you very much for the infomation as you build it!!

Excellant job and looking foward to more updates :)

randy

Thank you all.
I used pigments for lower hull, I painted wheels and tracks, and I used syringe needles for track positioning. Next step - oil weathering

_MG_6963.jpg

_MG_6962.jpg

_MG_6973.jpg

Hi,
I made some progress. (Oil weathering). I have to paint and to correct some details, antenna, pigments to tracks, paint exhaust, etc. And another two figures.

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7032.jpg

Ah man this is fantastic work! I really like it. Are you going to put it on a base?

Terry B)

MrT wrote:
Ah man this is fantastic work! I really like it. Are you going to put it on a base?

Terry B)

Absolutely Terry, but I think I will not succeed until the end of month. Glad you like it. Thx.

I think the general rule has been if you get your model built it's a keeper, bases are "gravy" as we say around here. Nice work Ovidiu, fast too!

Back