• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panzer II Blitzkrieg

Decals are on and the washes have started.

Did the Vallejo Panzer washes, Blue and Dark Grey, then sealed it with Future, Applied decals, then washed it with Burnt Umber and Humbrol thinner. I cleaned up the oil a little and then sealed it with a flat coat.

DSCF0767.JPG

Got to muck up the running gear, good dusting of light tan will be the order of the day (thanks Ron!)

DSCF0768.JPG

That shadow you see across the driver hatch isn't a shading effect, it's the shadow of the Noki light...:rotf I had to look at it twice trying to figure out what I was doing there.

DSCF0769.JPG

DSCF0770.JPG

somehting funky going on with the heat shield, I'll get that cleaned up.

Thoughts, Suggestions?

It's looking good, Bob. I'd like to see a little more dark wash in the recesses, like hinges and such, but that's a personal preference. I'll stay tuned. (y) :drinks

Yep I agree with Mike more pin wash. Sometimes it takes several applications to get it dark enough. Also some streaking on the vertical surfaces would add some charactor.

Looks good!

Terry B)

More pin washes - agreed. Needs some surface irregularities - chips, scratches wear marks, fuel stains, rust streaks, etc.

Well, let's see if I'm done now.

did various washes over it, seems to get faded out in the pictures though. I did some red oxide along the weld lines, couple of different colors to get it dirty looking and streaked it some with broad brush and thinner.

DSCF0772~0.jpg

DSCF0773.JPG

DSCF0775.JPG

DSCF0776.JPG

DSCF0777.JPG

DSCF0778.JPG

DSCF0779.JPG

I like this shot, shows the difference in mass of a tank in just what, 4 years?

What's next guys?

Likin' what I did here...

Hope y'all do

Burnt Umber Pigments, Burnt Umber Oil mixed with Humbrol thinner. Then lightened the mix with Natural Umber pigments.

DSCF9016.JPG

DSCF9017.JPG

DSCF9018.JPG

DSCF9019.JPG

DSCF9020.JPG

Might try my hand and shading and lightening it some more.

Whachall Think? :beer

Bill I think I stumbled on what works for me. I used the same family of colors. (is this common knowledge that I never caught on to?)

I always have problems with mixing pigments as they look weird once dried. never looked right to my eye. this looks more right now. I worked with some more color just a bit, will look in the morning how it dries out.

OK Calling it done

I attempted a flat coat of MM Flat but...that washed out the colors so I reworked them again and used Mig pigment fixer this time.

20131102_202533.jpg

20131102_202447.jpg

20131102_202430.jpg

20131102_202419.jpg

20131102_202354.jpg

I like how this front drive sprocket turned out but the wheel just behind it no so much.

20131102_202347.jpg

20131102_202337.jpg

20131102_202329.jpg

Worked with Migs Oil and fuel stains around the road wheels and other spots. Vallejo Oiled Earth for other spots, wasn't as oily as the Migs stuff.

Anyway. Let me know what you think. Hopefully I'll take this Panzer Gray on to the 8Rad.

Questions, comments and condemnations are welcome... :good:

Back