• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Panhard 178 AMD-35 Command Car

Now this is ready for display. I took a plaque that I had laying around, got a name plate made, and then used Brown Magic Sculpt putty to make the groundwork. After mixing the two parts, I spread it across the section of the base that I wanted it to be located, textured the putty with an old toothbrush, placed the model, and let the putty cure for a few hours. Then I drybrushed highlights and then used pigments for the dirt colors. Then I used some grass tufts and various dried plants for the vegetation. I think it turned out pretty nice for a display piece. It feels a bit weird not having figures doing something, but most shows I have been to, they frown upon figures being on armor models for the armor categories.

100_0273.JPG

100_0274.JPG

100_0275.JPG

100_0276.JPG

100_0277.JPG

100_0278.JPG

100_0279.JPG

100_0280.JPG

100_0281.JPG

100_0282.JPG

100_0283.JPG

100_0284.JPG

Thanks for looking.

Cheers,
James

That is some phenomenal work man! I really love the look of that armored car. Your weathering and finishing was perfect: spot on!

Thanks, guys.

I'm glad y'all like it.

It will be headed to the Tulsa Figure Show in the Ordnance category on 2 June then the following week to Soonercon.

Cheers,
James

This model earned a gold medal in the Wheeled Vehicle / Armored Car category in the intermediate skill level this past weekend at Soonercon 2018. Not bad for a model that was just thrown together to practice some painting techniques. That has me motivated to make some more models.

Cheers,
James

If only Mike could get your last name right then everything would have been ace. Good show James.

Back