• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"Painting with Giovanni: fleshtones"

How about this Maestro?
100_1112.jpg

Looks like I lost his iris in the shuffle along the way. To the naked eye it's still there. :hmmm

Back at you sir
Tony

How about this Maestro?
100_1112.jpg

Looks like I lost his iris in the shuffle along the way. To the naked eye it's still there. :hmmm

Back at you sir
Tony

Wow, you know how to paint, the tones and the blending are great!

What I will do is to add a litle bit of contrast, mostly highlight.

I've made a sketch with the areas where I would work on, hope is clear.

One thing I can't see are the pupils.....

Sketch_2011-11-05_01_47_07.png

Hey my friend.
I bet when I did the lid liner that was when I wiped out his iris. I'll try to get them back in tomorrow.
I have a good teacher and that's why the tones and blending came out so well. When I smeared those oil colors across that plate I had my doubts though. :eek:hmy:

I know you said you like lots of contrast but these figures are so small it just don't appeal to me.
I like a softer subtle look but in this case the inside of a tank in those days would have been a greasy smokey environment so I tried for that look.

OH btw are you 8 hours ahead of us here in the central part of the states? It lacks about 10 minutes till 10:00pm (2150hrs) here right now.

See you later time to get in my easy chair and relax before bed.
I ordered the three brushes today (#00,#0 and a #1) should be here next week.

Tony

Hi Tony,

I agree on the contrast, if you don't like it, don't go there, but at least make sure you can differentiate the various volumes and parts of the figure.

Keep in mind that forehead, nose, cheeks and chin are the more exposed areas to the light.

Anyway, I'm impressed, I don't know how many figures you have painted in your life, but this one is great!

Ciao

GIovanni

P.S.I thnk I'm around 8 hours ahead of you here in Italy, but I maybe wrong..

Hey Giovanni
This is my first and only other try at a figure. I did this one over a year ago btw.
100_0675.jpg

Also I don't think I have the colors for shading the DAK uniform in acrylic but I do have the oils.
What brand and colors would you suggest I use in acrylics for the shading? I might have them and if not i'll get them.

Thanks
Tony

Well, I'm impressed by the progress!!!

As for the Dak colours, if you want to use acrylics go with VAllejo or Andrea (these are the one I use).

Slowly buy the colours you need but I suggest you to buy a colour wheel more than 100's of bottles, you'll be amazed on how many shgades you can make with really few colours (saying that I have 100's of them.. :-( )

Ciao

Giovanni

Back