• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Old Dog's CTA entry...Gone Steyr Crazy

OK, while I haven't been posting much I have been plugging away at these and having so much fun I keep forgetting to take in progress photos but the basic vehicles pretty much fall together, after all they are Tamiya and most of the work has been in painting and watching paint dry is pretty boring. Early on the work consisted of a lot of removing and cleaning up parts and mass painting of things like wheels, chassis, exhaust systems, steering wheels and the like.

Anyway I guess it's time for a little catch up

steyr-catchup.jpg

No not that kind :yipee

First up will be the basic Steyr with stowage. I only took one in progress shot and that was after the stowage was painted and installed. Amazingly I didn't use all off it :gogo

steyr-s1-b01.jpg

The finished vehicle was to be Eastern front in spring and the rains have not only turned the roads into quagmires but have washed most of the white wash winter camo off. Anyway I'm calling this one finished.

steyr-s1-b02.jpg

steyr-s1-b03.jpg

steyr-s1-b04.jpg

steyr-s1-b05.jpg

steyr-s1-b06.jpg

steyr-s1-b07.jpg

That's one down and four to go :woohoo:

Steyr #2 will be the radio truck. One of the things I like to do with vehicles is turn the front wheels on some of them so they don't look like they are all parked in a parking lot. The chassis shown below was intended to be used on the basic Steyr but I found that the resin wheels with chains had clearance issues with the fenders in the turned position so this one will go on the radio truck instead. Not hard to do, I started by drilling a hole into the end of the axle into the universal boot. Then wheel hub was cut off and the universal boots filed at an angle. A pin was placed in the drilled hole to make certain the hub would be centered and it was then glued back on.

steyr-s2-b03.jpg

The interior of the radio truck looked pretty barren to me so I installed some aircraft transmitters and receivers intending to make this an airfield communication truck. While little of them will be seen through the windows, I know they are there :gogo

steyr-s2-b04.jpg

More to follow soon and I'll try to get a few more in progress shots of the other vehicles.

Thanks for looking in !

Next off the assembly line is the radio truck, it only got a light weathering of pastels. I decided since it was going to be an airfield radio truck it might need some extra power for the radios so I built up a Tamiya generator/starter trailer to give it something to pull.

steyr-s2-b05.jpg

steyr-s2-b06.jpg

steyr-s2-b07.jpg

steyr-s2-b08.jpg

steyr-s2-b09.jpg

steyr-s2-b010.jpg

steyr-s2-b011.jpg

Two down and three to go.

As always, thanks for looking.

Not sure how that happened but it's fixed now, also noticed I forgot the rear view mirror, will fix that before posting in the completed builds thread !

Bob, somehow when I was resizing I must have clicked on mirror as the license plate read backwards

Thanks guys, these have been a hoot to build. Number three is now off the assembly line. The empty bed seemed to be begging for a load so I scrounged up a couple fuel drums and a couple 50 Kg bomb shipping crates...

steyr-s3-b01.jpg

steyr-s3-b02.jpg

steyr-s3-b03.jpg

steyr-s3-b04.jpg

steyr-s3-b05.jpg

With that I'm going to take a break and get back to the Sunderland which needs to be done by the end of January, when it is finished I'll finish the last two of these.

As always, thanks for looking !

Back