• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

OK,I'm in(if that's OK?)

I wanted to work on something that I could actually finish in less than a year and here it is. This will fit in with the Falaise Horse dio later. These guys are what the lead horse is scared of and thus is rearing up.
The figs are modified Dragon with Hornet heads and the new Alliance Model Works PE(outstanding set)
newfigs004.jpg

newfigs003.jpg

newfigs002.jpg

newfigs001.jpg

Enjoy. It's nice to be modeling again after about 3 months!
J

Very cool Jerry! I love seeing plastic figures modified and extra detail added.

That guy on the ground really has that "I'm done for" look. Nose is kinda big though...hehe...just kidding :D

Hope to see more soon,
Tom

Thought that you could see the PE web gear better with some primer,so....
001-136.jpg

The shovel is cool and the weapon slings in the kit are awesome. Three part for the MP40 sling.
J

That's AWESOME work!

Did you use acrylics on the pea-dot uniform?Do you use REAL hair on the little guy's head?

C'mon,Jerry tell us your secrets!

Greetings,Ron.

Very cool Jerry, his hair looks kinda like mine did this morning...ugh...

I like how you (subtly) used two different camo patterns for the pants and tunic.

Very nice,
Tom

Thanks for the kind words guys! The hair was done with a technique that I have been using for decades. It is epoxy putty,paited with oils,then cotton from a swab is applied and also painted with oils. Less is more. I used this on one of the riders from the horse team further back in this thread. You can use it for beards as well as I used to do for Civil War figures.
J

Those figs are gorgeous, Jerry! Yes, please- what's that hair technique? I have' erm, a friend who could really use it! :blush:

Thanks again for looking in guys! Yes,those are the Aaachen figs from Dragon. I altered them a little by removing the web gear from the wounded guy and making him slump a little more. The heads were replaced with Hornet ones and of course,the web gear is from Alliance Model Works. All of the molded on insignia was also removed. I thought I explained all of this already but after posting on 5 web sites maybe I missed one?
J

Back