• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Of boy and horse

Hey,thanks guys,really appreciate it!

Andy,we haven't forgot you,mate!...;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Greetings,Ron.

Ok then,made a start on the base...

The footprints from Anton and horse are done with a Tamiya paintstir tool,one end of it has a spoon shape.
The blanket got some [subtle] highlighting and shadows,and ofcourse some abuse with my ever present pigments. :laugh:

anton_base1.jpg

anton_base2.jpg

anton_base3.jpg

anton_base4.jpg

anton_base5.jpg

Still a lot of work to do on the base;adding grass more painting and drybrushing,pigmenting :huh: barbed-wire or planking and some touch up painting on the boy and horse.

That's it for now,

Greetings,Ron.

Very nice start on the base Ron! (y)
It was very nice meeting you and Anja yesterday :)
And again, very nice work on the figure and horse!
//Mats

Ok then,made a start on the base...

The footprints from Anton and horse are done with a Tamiya paintstir tool,one end of it has a spoon shape.
The blanket got some [subtle] highlighting and shadows,and ofcourse some abuse with my ever present pigments. :laugh:

anton_base1.jpg

anton_base2.jpg

anton_base3.jpg

anton_base4.jpg

anton_base5.jpg

Still a lot of work to do on the base;adding grass more painting and drybrushing,pigmenting :huh: barbed-wire or planking and some touch up painting on the boy and horse.

That's it for now,

Greetings,Ron.

Outstanding work Ron! (y)

One question, the blanket, did the boy place it or what? it looks a little too well placed if it were blown there by nature or some such but it's not clear how it got there. Could you place it in the boy's hand as if he's draping it across his head?

Or you can tell me to bugger off and enjoy the show... :rotf

One question, the blanket, did the boy place it or what? it looks a little too well placed if it were blown there by nature or some such but it's not clear how it got there. Could you place it in the boy's hand as if he's draping it across his head?

Or you can tell me to bugger off and enjoy the show... :rotf

B.O. and enjoy the show,MP!......... :laugh: ;)

The story-line is that someone put the blanket over the dead horse,but the boy just had to see his friend's[the horse] head just one more time,so he pulled off the blanket a bit.
Not only the horse was his friend, but he was also the most valuable possession from his family,being just peasants.

Hope I can work some more on this one this weekend.[more drama to come] :D
Greetings,Ron.

Re: Of boy and horse [more DRAMA]]

Well found some time to go on with 'Of boy and horse'

More DRAMA....

Some really bad person has cut the barbed wire,to do a bigger crime....

Anton_bijna_af_1.jpg

Anton_bijna_af_2.jpg

Anton_bijna_af_3.jpg

Anton_bijna_af_5.jpg

Anton_bijna_af_4.jpg

Put one and one together and you know what happened,the horse didn't die by a illness,...
there is a bottle of POISON behind the feeding container![notice the rust on it ,by the way]

The evil-do-er forgot his wire cutter,guess he had to move fast.

Anton_bijna_af_6.jpg

That's it for now,next up-date is the finished thing,almost the [un]happy end.

Greetings,Ron.

The dirty rotten sumab.....Let me at'em!!

That's tying the story together Ron, outstanding job!

Dear Ron.

...very dramatic...very good idea and very well done!

Best!

Luiz.

Ron,

Especially with what you chose to work from, you did an excellent job! (y) (y) (y)

Nice detailing and the horse looks great!

Bob

Back