• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

My D.K.M. Admiral Graf Spee

Kreighshoer wrote:
different shades of grey are more logic than any shade of green on high sea!

the only ship camo with shades of green and brown i know of would be paint scheme g of the tirpitz when the crew distributed trees on the deck while stationed in faettendfjord 1942!

and that color scheme still is heavily debated!

That's so strange, I can see how there's debate about obscure camo schemes that were tested on aircraft or tanks and stuff, but on a battleship? You would think it was fairly well documented.

Gary, ain't that brass tube stuff great!?

moon puppy wrote:
Kreighshoer wrote:
different shades of grey are more logic than any shade of green on high sea!

the only ship camo with shades of green and brown i know of would be paint scheme g of the tirpitz when the crew distributed trees on the deck while stationed in faettendfjord 1942!

and that color scheme still is heavily debated!

That's so strange, I can see how there's debate about obscure camo schemes that were tested on aircraft or tanks and stuff, but on a battleship? You would think it was fairly well documented.

Gary, ain't that brass tube stuff great!?

Hiya Moon Puppy.

As far as the colors, that is normally something that is fairly well understood with most ships. But for the Graf Spee, he went through so many different variations in just a few short months, and there is nothing anymore that is definate and concrete in the way of proof. And it is very difficult to determine colors from a black and white photo.

And the brass is great, until you need to find a way to sand it down to a slight taper from one end to the other. :laugh: .

Gary B)

OK. Over a week now, and finally I have a little something to show for all of that time while all of the rest of you are almost finished :unsure: .

001_20100514_1764934378.jpg

004_20100514_2080201213.jpg

005_20100514_1568124157.jpg

006_20100514_1063121129.jpg

I obviously still have quite a bit to do to finish this up. But I think I just might be able to do that. If only I could stop the scratchbuilding things on it :S . And I think I might need to redo those 4 portholes on the front of the forward superstructure :pinch: .

Gary B)

G Cooper wrote:

when redoing the crooked portholes don't forget the sink hole on the port front side of the tower! ;)

all in all a great build so far gary!

EDIT: the TWO sink holes on the port front side!!! one far up on top!

Kreighshoer wrote:
G Cooper wrote:

when redoing the crooked portholes don't forget the sink hole on the port front side of the tower! ;)

all in all a great build so far gary!

EDIT: the TWO sink holes on the port front side!!! one far up on top!

That is officially listed as battle damage, and not sink holes. We don't like to use the word "sink" when dealing with ships :laugh: .

Gary B)

Back