• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy's 75mm GMC M3 Halftrack

MOONIE,

Yes Sir , It doesn't appear that you are having any trouble. That Floor is Lookin' HOT !! I guess Instructions hit people a different way. A different set of Eyes ??

Looks Great !! Keep at it Rock-On !!

ERIK

Ken Abrams wrote:
Notice the difference between the adjustable drivers seat base and the stationary 'passenger' seat base? Nice job Griffon! all you need is the little adjustment lever big guy.

B)

As for the SCR-610, without digging too deep, I grabbed this one. If it's not good enough I could find better?

scr-610_20100705_1892659753.jpg

Nice, the bottom unit was power or battery if I have read correctly, right? Got any shots of the back side since it's going to be sticking out there for everyone to see?

See that hinge on the bottom unit? The instructions would make it look like it attached to both units but in this shot is obviously only on the bottom unit. I gotta make that correction.

Thanks Ken and everyone for the comments.

Found it! Wish I'd seen it before but that's OK, just have to go back and rework support for cabling.

Might be a good reference for future projects

http://www.radiomuseum.org/

moon puppy wrote:
Found it! Wish I'd seen it before but that's OK, just have to go back and rework support for cabling.

Hey Moon, that radio there as well as the one I posted is actually a little different. That radio has all the attachments for using the small whip antenna allowing it to be used in a more mobile situation like a backpack or just thrown in a jeep etc.

I went back to your review to have a good look at the radio in the set and judging by the face layout what you have there for the top component is the BC-620 and what's in that link and the photo I posted is the BC-659. I'd venture a guess that the backsides of both are pretty much the same, but don't add all that stuff to the top.

moonpup-radios_20100706_1514643541.jpg

You also might want to add that whole shock mount too, if it isn't glued down yet, that would have been a pretty standard installation in a vehicle. Other wise their dance mix CD would be skipping as they bounced along... wait what I meant was the tubes would jiggle loose or wutev's

:peace

Right you are, it's the 630, no speaker grill on the front. Mount is included with the Griffon set, and I have not glued anything down so we're good there.

Hey! That really turned out nice! I knew you'd go for the tread plate and am really glad you did! Nice work! (y)

Iron Mike wrote:
Hey! That really turned out nice! I knew you'd go for the tread plate and am really glad you did! Nice work! (y)

Yeah I need to include you as one of those voices in my head.. "go ahead, whatcha waiting for..." :woohoo:

Well MP, you said I didn't need to be taunting you but it worked didn't it? :laugh: :laugh: Absolutely awesome work on the PE you soldering madman!

Tom

moon puppy wrote:
That's almost sacrilege to compare me with Wantanbe -san. Maybe if we say his name three times he'll show up.

I said it but it didn't work. :(

Iron Mike wrote:
moon puppy wrote:
That's almost sacrilege to compare me with Wantanbe -san. Maybe if we say his name three times he'll show up.

I said it but it didn't work. :(

I know... :(

I'll get some updates in, it's moving forward, not fast but sure.

moon puppy wrote:
Thanks kolche, doctors tell me they are working on drugs for this.

Well when they get them send me some so I can try and excel. You're a master modeler Bob, with the targets and wingy thingies. Well done.
James

Back