• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Moon Puppy went to London

Well i am only about 2 months late but finally caught up here
Glad you had a good time Bob, next time you are here if you don't fancy driving give me a couple of days warning and i will pick you up and speed you up to Duxford which is the imperial war museums out of town base. Loads of Aircraft and tanks :)

There are a couple of Dragon Rapides doing trips there and a couple of tiger moths as well. single engine aircraft are not allowed over London so that trip would only be by Rapide.
As for old airfields ? in East anglia which is NE of London the airfields as a rule of thumb are/were every 7 miles apart so basically there are dozens

No pictures from the battle of Britain hall at Hendon i notice , was it shut ? Its badly lite but its done to create an atmosphere and of course most bombing was done at night, the German stuff is very eary...

h48c128c.JPG

ha5af34b.JPG

hd9ea056.JPG

I guess they are rebuilding the BoB hall.

The ME 110 was disassembled.

20170902_112842.jpg

20170902_113031.jpg

I could the the JU87 and the ME 111 in the distance but it was shut down.

20170902_120933.jpg

Not a bad shot of the 111 with my phone and 4X zoom.

I'll give ya heads up now, they talking about us coming back next year so be ready. Yeah an hour drive beats the hell out of a 4 hour train/tube/bus hike. :rotf

I"m sure you know where the pubs are on the way back right? :drinks

Funny you should work at Smiths.
I have restored dozens of these, just finished this one

Unfortunately i have now run out of the faces, i bought a couple of dozen off a guy in the US with a triumph/BSA shop but these faces are ducati

h1397512.JPG

h6721988.JPG

That's cool!

To the best of my knowledge there's no division making any instruments now but I'll check around. Might be a warehouse somewhere full of new/old stuff out there.

So Paddy, did a little looking around.

Good news and bad. Bad is, I can't help. Good news is Smiths branded gauges are still being manufactured by a company called Caerbont Automotive Instruments. We believe anything insturment related would have been sold off when Smiths Group sold that business. So sadly, no long lost dusty warehouses of Smiths dials are out there, at least not in our hands.

Caerbont Automotive Instruments is based in UK, wouldn't hurt to hit them up for some old/new stock.

Back