• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Micro Model Month 2022

BTW, I did start this forum for those who are going to engage the MMM '22.
:mpup

Jeff, as a teen, I would get $1USD as allowance on Friday when Dad got home. Early, right after breakfast, I would literally run the eight city blocks to Woolworth's, straight to their toy aisle, and pick out an ERTL/ESCI armor kit for $0.88USD. Taxes brought it to $0.95USD and the nickel went into a machine to get a jawbreaker for the sugar rush to run home and finish the kit by Sunday night. It took an upside slap on the back of the head to start saving the nickels and I would have an extra kit every few months. :D o

Ah, the god ol' days before accuracy meant anything. Then, I discovered IPMS and a wonderful series of articles converting these tiny kits. The rest, as they say, is history!

Regards,
With me it was Woolworth's or Roush Hardware: $0.49 Revell kits, $0.98 Monogram 1/4 scale kits. Buy a kit? buy a book? SciFi magazine? Fortunately, I had about 5 schemes to make money going on and would occasionally spring for a book and a kit!

I remember those days well. I actually never saw those ESCI/ERTL armor kits until I got here to California. There was a local hobby shop that carried the whole line. Because of that, I have bought and built every ESCI/ERTL armo model issued save one: the extremely rare Netherlands Leopard.

Looking forward to seeing yours done. I might even join in with my Revell (ex ESCI/ERTL) M48-A5. :hmm:

I remember the Ben Franklin in downtown Broken Arrow. It had a model area about 3ft wide and 6ft tall. I remember getting the old Revell B-17 Memphis Belle, a Liberator, Catalina, and a Dam Buster. Also my brother won $5 at church bingo one time and we shared it and I was able to buy the Hawk Atlas space station which had two yellow tiangular shuttles for return to earth. I still have one of the shuttles that sits on my alarm clock.
20220217_202425.jpg

I remember the Ben Franklin in downtown Broken Arrow. It had a model area about 3ft wide and 6ft tall. I remember getting the old Revell B-17 Memphis Belle, a Liberator, Catalina, and a Dam Buster. Also my brother won $5 at church bingo one time and we shared it and I was able to buy the Hawk Atlas space station which had two yellow tiangular shuttles for return to earth. I still have one of the shuttles that sits on my alarm clock.
View attachment 147082
Oh wow, that little shuttle reminded me of a "UFO" kit I had which was made with "glow in the dar" plastic and had a shuttle as well. It was a gift and I surprisingly liked it. I had been hoping for the Revell "Baa Baa Black Sheep" Corsair.

1645185082360.png

This one was it...

Regards,

Oh wow, that little shuttle reminded me of a "UFO" kit I had which was made with "glow in the dar" plastic and had a shuttle as well. It was a gift and I surprisingly liked it. I had been hoping for the Revell "Baa Baa Black Sheep" Corsair.

View attachment 147102
This one was it...

Regards,
I had at least two of these! Was a favorite kit! Anyone remember the Aurora WW1 triplanes in that odd translucent red plastic?

I had at least two of these! Was a favorite kit! Anyone remember the Aurora WW1 triplanes in that odd translucent red plastic?

Not only do I remember them, but we got one recently from a modeler's widow at our St. Crispin's Irregulars Hobby Day. What a trip down memory lane!

Orca Evolution.jpg

Orca's evolution, since 1981. A converted Revell lifeboat and TLAR's 2016 1/350 and 1/700 kit versions, respectively. For those who are interested.

The 350 scale master has been upgraded and a 2.0 mold made for a more accurate model of "The Bigger Boat You're Going to Need". I do not have Mr. Spielberg's permission to call her "Orca". The obvious stern decal comes with both TLAR issues.

Back