• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Micro Model Month 2022

BTW, I did start this forum for those who are going to engage the MMM '22.
:mpup

Looks like I started this up as an Article based thread. That means your first post will be sticky on all the threads. I'd say let's get creative and see what potential this has.

I always look forward to this. I've been having a hard time lately getting motivated to spend time at the bench so hopefully this will get me going again. I already know which kit I want to do.

I am in kind of the same boat Dave. I did a little bit of work on my Panzer I F last weekend, and spent about 5 hours in there today doing some machine work on a couple of watches. While that is extra $$ in my back pocket, it can be rather stressful doing micro machining on a $500 movement plate.
I also have a kit I picked up at the local hobby shop that will be perfect for MMM2022.

I'll be in with something, not sure exactly what yet. All my 1/144 aircraft are actually large birds...so the models themselves aren't really that small. I've still got a couple 1/100 Tamiya kits lying about though, so will likely go with one of those (Fiat G.91, A-6A, or Il-28).

Last edited:
Ha, I've only finished one out of all the MMM campaigns ever started. I'll try again this time but not confident again. So much going on.

hmmm, what is this all about? anything smaller than 1/72?
That's right Martin. it's a yearly tradition with us. It started out as Quarterscale or Smaller but we changed it to MMM, Micro Modeler Month.

Armor builds must be 1/48 or smaller Aircraft builds must be 1/72 or smaller Automotive builds must be 1/32 or smaller Ship builds must be 1/700 or smaller

That's right Martin. it's a yearly tradition with us. It started out as Quarterscale or Smaller but we changed it to MMM, Micro Modeler Month.

Armor builds must be 1/48 or smaller Aircraft builds must be 1/72 or smaller Automotive builds must be 1/32 or smaller Ship builds must be 1/700 or smaller
AH! thanks - most of what's in my stash is 1/72 anyway ...

Jeff, as a teen, I would get $1USD as allowance on Friday when Dad got home. Early, right after breakfast, I would literally run the eight city blocks to Woolworth's, straight to their toy aisle, and pick out an ERTL/ESCI armor kit for $0.88USD. Taxes brought it to $0.95USD and the nickel went into a machine to get a jawbreaker for the sugar rush to run home and finish the kit by Sunday night. It took an upside slap on the back of the head to start saving the nickels and I would have an extra kit every few months. :D o

Ah, the god ol' days before accuracy meant anything. Then, I discovered IPMS and a wonderful series of articles converting these tiny kits. The rest, as they say, is history!

Regards,

Back