• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Marshall Teague's 1952 Fabulous Hudson Hornet

Well- I was going to go with the classic Jupiter Gray scheme and it just looked cool and classy-- but couldn't see doling out $15 all told on custom paint when I wouldn't even use the whole bottle...plus my son like the black scheme...I liked the ivory top though- so am going with the bottom late season scheme...just sprayed the ivory....
IMG_1078.jpg

It's humid as sin out here right now so I will give it a week or so to cure before I apply the black...

Well- I was going to go with the classic Jupiter Gray scheme and it just looked cool and classy-- but couldn't see doling out $15 all told on custom paint when I wouldn't even use the whole bottle...plus my son like the black scheme...I liked the ivory top though- so am going with the bottom late season scheme...just sprayed the ivory....

It's humid as sin out here right now so I will give it a week or so to cure before I apply the black...

Cool. Can you imagine those big boats running side by side swappin' paint, and not even causing damage?! :rotf

Got the paint and decals on the shell...need to do some touch-ups and then assemble everything ;) Even did the cutouts for the rear wheels-- that was a bit of a task as the plastic is real thick!
011~29.jpg

010~34.jpg

009~44.jpg

008~52.jpg

Thanks gents!

Nearly there-- just some touching up that pinstripe on the chrome really....
003~91.jpg

004~83.jpg

005~80.jpg

006~73.jpg

And I misplaced the badge that goes on the truck to the right there where the nice rectangular hole is....grrrrr
007~66.jpg

I wouldn't worry 'bout the trunk badge... it's a 'war wound' - inevitable on those early dirt-tracks.

Ian.

Back