• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Manfred's Workhorse 1/72 FW-190-A8

Thanks Men!

hf84571f_2019-01-13.JPG

8+ inches of snow fell here Friday night. My snowblower seemed pleased to be in use again. Heavy, wet snow took 90 minutes to clear. Then, MODELING!

h05d6ee1.JPG

I did models, and My Honey worked on laser etching wooden Quarters for our Club's 25th show.

h118f460.JPG

hd46de61.JPG

h7b9a4e0.JPG

Not a satisfying trophy, just a wee tad of Surgeon swag for all contestants!

Sweet! Model is looking great. I'd love on of those wooden quarters but I can't make the commute to go get one! LOL! That is a brilliant idea for that swag man, way to go!

h4eaf260.JPG

Not much new to report. A little contour sanding and a 2nd coat of white on the bands.

Thanks you Men for your comments and attention!

h0192fef.JPG

Masking commences. Additional fictional decals on the way from California. Too much white might make Der Baron's FW look like a tablecloth. Da schitz Dem Hund im Feuerzeug!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_wQAhBcPEU
Thanks for looking in!

h2a073ca.JPG

The "Frosty Friday Night Follies" continued this Weekend! Near 8 more inches visited upon us here on the frigid prairie. Again, we ALL know what that means!

h5733e54.JPG

Sealed masking and Luftwaffe Grungrau applied. Testors metalizer sealer and Model Master enamel Luftwaffe colors employed. Mask camouflage, Schwartzgrun next, then the much anticipated Baron Rot!

Funny Paul!

ha918116.JPG

Painting what little camouflage will show on Der Baron's War Horse. It looks like a mess now, but just wait & see!
Thanks for looking in!

h6b8bc72.JPG

Tail planes & external fuel tank painted! The ol' Floquil sprayed quite well for being first opened near 20 years ago.
Sadly, the kit 20mm gun barrels didn't survive all this masking, sealing, painting activity.

S'okay! I've got some metal tube Chuck bought when He was young & vigorous!

Old Kit. Old paints. Old parts. Old techniques. Old fashioned model fun!

Red is coming. REALLY! I'm Serious! ( :idonno ) Watch & see!

Back