• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M6A1 "Bearhound"--Mission Accomplished!!!

The M6 "Bearhound"

Today I start to contour the upper hull with epoxy putty. Here is what it looks like at the beginning of the day....

hb746c0b.jpg

Lets see how this will turn out... :S

What's those little jars?

The M6 "Bearhound"

Ok that was FUN!!...and I needed that!:ro:

Here is the rough in and the basic shape...more or less. Got some smoothing and a lite filling to do and then a ton of sanding... :pp

And now for your consideration...

hd0ff016.jpg

h6fbecd7.jpg

h1c07ea8.jpg

Ok you-all let have some feedback...tell me what think!
:v

The M6 "Bearhound"

Outstanding! That big ol' open engine deck fairly screams for a blown Hemi V-8! I think the Bearhound captures the spirit of "In Another World" completely! I can see stowage baskets, pistol ports, cupola & hatches, Machine guns, fenders like the M8 has? :hmmm
Neat-O!
(y) :ro:
Do you wish for 'the Haunted Tank" graphics & a Confederate battle flag?

The M6 "Bearhound"

Thank Everyone!! :silly:

I didn't get much done today just some sanding to get the shape a bit more refined.

Do you wish for 'the Haunted Tank" graphics & a Confederate battle flag?

@Rhino: I hear your the man to see for artwork. I do have a plan for a vehicle name and a graphic if this is and offer.

The M6 "Bearhound"

Thanks Luiz! :silly:

@Bob; Thanks for the offer I'll keep that in mind. I'm going to have some kind of "Nose Art" on this but still working out the details. :hmmm

The M6 "Bearhound"

I will confess I tried out the laser printed decals on clear sheet I make and I am less than pleased with the opacity of them. Inkjet on clear is more fiddly but satisfying.
I'll try ANYTHING to further model FUN! I cain't print white yet.
:bang head
:drinks

The M6 "Bearhound"

I will confess I tried out the laser printed decals on clear sheet I make and I am less than pleased with the opacity of them. Inkjet on clear is more fiddly but satisfying.
I'll try ANYTHING to further model FUN! I cain't print white yet.
:bang head
:drinks

Print on white decal paper. Only a few printers can print white, Alps and some high end Zerox. Hate to say it but we chunked one of those Zerox printers last year. 12-14 year old Phaser printer, would have cost $500 to get it up and running. Couldn't find anyone who'd pay it and that's a little more than I can slip in on someone's budget.

The M6 "Bearhound"

Still chipping away on the ol' Bearhound. Worked mostly on the rear half. Mocked up the rear deck and add epoxy putty. Once this cures up nicely I'll start sanding it all together. :D

ha3f858b.jpg

h7ba96c1.jpg

The M6 "Bearhound"

That has come a long way in a short time. Anyone can build a model, but it takes a real man to cut one up and rebuild.
:mpup

Rock on! :ro:

Back