• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

M6A1 "Bearhound"--Mission Accomplished!!!

The M6 "Bearhound"--Working the Topside

That does look awesome! The black camouflage is very effective at that angle.

The Bearhound, followed by a covey of Shermans and Priest S/P guns, crosses the Ludendorff bridge and begins the painstaking work of blasting Wehrmacht Panzers in the face with Her 17 pound gun.
Not a hard vehicle to track, the Bearhound leaves a trail of burning Panthers and KT's in Her wake.
Kasbach by nightfall. Berlin in a couple of weeks. Unless Monty strangles our fuel and ammo supplies.

I enjoy the dickens out of this build!
:ro:
:notworthy
:good:

Coming along nicely! I like the double rear tires to take up the weight of the engine pack.

Cool!

Cheers,
James

Progress has been much slower then I would like. I was hoping to have this one wrapped up by the end of the month...uh not sure about that.. :blush:

But I got the decals on without any problems...(y)

h2dcf774.jpg

h92fe2b4.jpg

So much for keeping a low profile... :facepalm

h323fcbf.jpg

Thanks for stopping in
:v

We ain't in Kansas any more. Lookin' good, Eric! (y)

Well compared to the top heavy donor it's down right sleek...:popcorn

(y)

Thanks Everyone! ...But I need some feedback on the pinup that is "Painted" on the side. It came out much more subdued than I originally thought. I didn't realize the decal paper was a lite color and not part of the decal...which I should have figured out :facepalm

I don't think it looks to bad as is but do you all think should I "Try" and correct this with some touch-up painting? Though not sure how I would do that :idonno

Let know what you all think.

Well yeah that decal was made to go on a nmf so I guess the od is sucking up the color.

I agree with Mike, I like the subtlness of it but someone "judging" could try to make issue with it. I think i got some more pinups, or maybe even another Dorthy, maybe on a cloud background?

"Dorothy" looks field-applied. Is there room for "Dear Auntie Em, I hate you and I hate Kansas. I'm taking the Dog."?
I expressed, more than once, how cool I think your build is!
:coolio

Thanks Everyone! ...But I need some feedback on the pinup that is "Painted" on the side. It came out much more subdued than I originally thought. I didn't realize the decal paper was a lite color and not part of the decal...which I should have figured out :facepalm

I don't think it looks to bad as is but do you all think should I "Try" and correct this with some touch-up painting? Though not sure how I would do that :idonno

Let know what you all think.

Erik, this looks great! Very well done!

I actually thought the pin up was some kind of dirt or a weathering smudge at first but now that you pointed it out, I think I agree with Mike in that the dark outline looks good with the vehicle.

Just wanted to say thanks for everyone stopping in and for the comments. I think I'll proceed and hope the finial weathering doesn't obliterate the pin up.

Stay tuned more coming soon.

In China as we speak the Chi-coms at Trumpeter (the ones that aren't infected by the corona beer virus) are regarding your Bearhound model with bad intent and envious eyes. Expect a 1/35 test shot by next seasons International Tokyo toy show!!
:salute
(y)

Back