• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LUIZ´s CTA2 - POMERANIA 1945- JUST FINISHED !

LUIZ´s CTA2 - POMERANIA 1945-TRYING SPLINTER CAMO.

Hi all!

Now it´s time to go to my CTA2 project...and I did the paints that will be used on the Zeltbahn...at first , the references and then the acrylic paints were formulated...

See you soon!

Luiz.

Excellent (y) (y) (y) I am looking forward to this

Luiz,...

Pratice this for the raindrops on an old model or piece of plastic that you have basecoated

Ive taken a fresh no 11 blade and carefully cut tiny marks in the paint then after wards Ive given a green wash and the paint sticks in the little cut marks giving you really good fine raindrops and if they dont come out too well then you have a good mark to paint in

Like I say its a scary procedure but works good

I am also going to say this too,.. FJ / Luftwaffe splinter and Army splinter patterns are different just making sure that youre aware of this. :)

Thanks Andy and Dave for following....

@ Andy...like very much your sugestions :good:

Luiz

You're a braver man that me. ;)

I used scrap PE as a mask and lightly sprayed the rain marks. If you want take a look:

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/fettes-figure-forum/148018-splinter-camo-fallschirmjager-smock-why-not#167086

Thanks ausf and Roman for the nice feedback!...

@ Ausf...nice job on the Fallschirmjagger :good: ... The splinter camo looks superb!...thanks for the hint!

Best regards!

Luiz

LUIZ´s CTA2 - POMERANIA 1945-TWO HEADS...March/9th

Hi mates!

Painting the skin tones and the helmets...it was used oils for the faces and acrylics for the helmets...

...and now the dilemma ... which of the two heads to use...let me known your opinions...

Best regards for all!

Luiz.

I like the one with the netting, more interesting. (y)

I agree with MP .... on the netting I liked it at 1st but the way the leather strap runs on the other helmet is Very Interesting .... Excellent Job on this one .... Luiz :popcorn

They both look very good.
I would have a tough time deciding which one to use.
Good problem to have. (y)

Cheers,

Bill

Ok Luiz ..... I have a solution Get some of those Rare earth Magnets and observing polarity you can be able to use either head using the magnet to hold His head On ..... this is what I do with my Games workshop soldier's

hcb98f00.JPG

See the little magnet in His socket joint ???

These Magnets are made by Magcraft ...... Neodymium-Iron-Boron Rare earth magnets ..... 1.6mm Dia X 0.8mm lenth .... (Smallest)

Gerry ..... :eek:ldguy

They both look very good.
I would have a tough time deciding which one to use.
Good problem to have. (y)

Cheers,

Bill

Thank you Bill for the support...really a sweet "problem"...

BestL

Luiz

Ok Luiz ..... I have a solution Get some of those Rare earth Magnets and observing polarity you can be able to use either head using the magnet to hold His head On ..... this is what I do with my Games workshop soldier's

hcb98f00.JPG

These Magnets are made by Magcraft ...... Neodymium-Iron-Boron Rare earth magnets ..... 1.6mm Dia X 0.8mm lenth .... (Smallest)

Many thanks Gerry!

Enjoy a lot your comments...and the magnet idea is fantastic...one day I will try :eek:ldguy

Best regards!

Luiz

Great job so far,Luiz! (y)

Both look great,but I'm with MP on the head with netting on the helmet.

Gr,Ron.

Tough choice indeed. :idonno Personally, I would go with the netting and try to add some weeds or twigs to it.

Cheers, Christian B)

hcb98f00.JPG

Many thanks Gerry!

Enjoy a lot your comments...and the magnet idea is fantastic...one day I will try :eek:ldguy

Best regards!

Luiz

Your welcome Luiz ..... this little war gaming piece will actually stand without a base the magnets are that strong ....

h8fa1439.JPG

See I'm using these for everything ........ :eek:ldguy

Back