• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

LTV A-7B CORSAIR II - "SNAKES & NAPE"

iambrb

Ok so here is my place holder, the A-7B Corsair II, and she is going to be packing Mk.82 "Snakeye" 500 pounders and napalm to...the vernacular being "Snakes & Nape"

Note that I bought the additional decals there and plan on using the one to recreate VA-192 "NH" as used/lost over North VN in 1972:

oooooh lovely nice colorfull navy bird (Though I suspect me and a certain other person wishes you were doing the Sharkmouth

Ok so here is where she sits! Little model goes together pretty well, but you can sure tell that it is a mold from the 60’s or 70’0s, because while the two halves fit together pretty well, the seriously did not line up at the rear! In order to reduce the gap there I would have to have the nose off a fair amount and require a ton of sanding and shaping, so chose for that to be the case on the rear of the plane. Other than that, it has had no significant issues, in fact the wings fit quite well! So overall I am pretty happy with it.

It did not come with a figure, so I added one from an older Airfix kit. I have been seriously considering showing this plane in flight, hence the pilot. I would in fact like to show it in a bomb run, but not sure if that is going to be possible. Either way, just rolling along!

This is looking great. I'd check the height of the pilot though; from one angle it looks like his helmet will interfere with the canopy when you add it. I could be wrong though.

Looking forward to seeing more.

This is looking great. I'd check the height of the pilot though; from one angle it looks like his helmet will interfere with the canopy when you add it. I could be wrong though.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Man I hope not! I'd hate to gave to grind a flat spot on his head!

OK so here is the latest:

Something caused me to made me jump, and as a result I spilled glue all over the darn thing, so the next several hours were "Scrub city" as I sanded and then rescribed lines. Got the cockpit fitted A-OK (that is as close as a guy can get and NOT have his head in the way of the canopy, BTW), and she is ready for the initial paint:

Followed by Tamiya white underneath

Then Model Masters aircraft gray

Here it is after the tape is removed. Some cleanup to do and respraying yet to go, overall not looking too bad!

OK so here is the latest:

Something caused me to made me jump, and as a result I spilled glue all over the darn thing, so the next several hours were "Scrub city" as I sanded and then rescribed lines. Got the cockpit fitted A-OK (that is as close as a guy can get and NOT have his head in the way of the canopy, BTW), and she is ready for the initial paint:

Followed by Tamiya white underneath

Then Model Masters aircraft gray

Here it is after the tape is removed. Some cleanup to do and respraying yet to go, overall not looking too bad!

Wow that was fast

Wow, even with the setback, you moved ahead fast did still did an exceptional job on this! Magnificent work man!

A little setback....so I got the huge yellow NH decal on in one piece! Looking good,then I an airbubble devoled, so I hit with some Slovaset...and the entire decal just fell apart! :vmad :frantic :vmad

Not sure shat todo now. Guess I can remove the other decals related to this plane and go with another. Bummer though I have to say!

Back