• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Logistics, Base & Buildings, Updated Feb. 13, 2020

Logistics, Base and Buildings. Update 4/24/11

In that last picture I see the back of the building on the right is not finished, will it be? Is it going to be a 360 display? I know it's a WIP, not rushin' ya.

Actually, no, it won't be. That will have a gray matt board covering. Several buildings will be like that as the diorama is always set on an angle and many buildings on the edge are partial buildings only. I rarely, if ever, photograph the backs of those buildings except if I want to show interiors. Note the dark gray mattboard shown here. Sometimes it is like this and other times it is solid matt board. Does that make sense?

Interior_zpsoen0z61l.jpg

Logistics, Base and Buildings. Update May 9th 2015

Just showed my wife this and she says "HOLY CRAP!!!!!" :blink

Nice to see you start this up again. While I haven't been posting, I have picked up a few old kits form the shelf and will try to do more as I know new kits are coming and they are too far gone to sell.

Regards,

Nice to see you start this up again. While I haven't been posting, I have picked up a few old kits form the shelf and will try to do more as I know new kits are coming and they are too far gone to sell.

Regards,

Thanks Saul,

I only had to do some repairs on the base and buildings, but I'm going to get started back on the build with the armor. I'd like to finish it all off and then work on the figures, but I know myself and I'll get tired of the vehicles after awhile and do something else. I've given up on predicting a completion date. Since I started it, I have been, first, slowed down by my job at VLS, then, after retiring, I had to build a building to house the museum, then I met a daughter I never knew, and took a lot of time out to build her several things. Then came this move. All I know is, I better get going, I'm not getting any younger!

Bob

:popcorn
Hi Bob,
Nice to see the new progress.....love the burned out truck :good:

This is simply magnificent! I am overwhelmed with all the incredible details on the buildings. I do wonder about the placement of the burned out truck. To me it would make more sense turned around as if it had swerved off the road to unsuccessfully avoid whatever took it out. Having it backed against the statue on that corner of street makes me wonder what the driver was thinking. Just my own observation; I am in no position, skill level, or mastery to give you advice. I am anxiously awaiting further progress on this spectacular project.

This is simply magnificent! I am overwhelmed with all the incredible details on the buildings. I do wonder about the placement of the burned out truck. To me it would make more sense turned around as if it had swerved off the road to unsuccessfully avoid whatever took it out. Having it backed against the statue on that corner of street makes me wonder what the driver was thinking. Just my own observation; I am in no position, skill level, or mastery to give you advice. I am anxiously awaiting further progress on this spectacular project.

I appreciate that! Thanks for the feedback!

The truck was just placed there temporarily for a quick photo shoot. It probably won't go there but not certain where at this time. There are 50 vehicles and I haven't quite figured all that out as yet. I never do that until the final assembly. None of the vehicles are glued in place permanently. I am only certain of where the tank column will be, the XYZ Truck column, the train and RR gun of course, the refugees, and their carts will be. Beyond that, all the other vehicles will go where they would the most logical as well as look the best. I won't begin attaching them until the diorama is finished, (Base and Buildings), after the vehicles are attached, then the nearly 400 figures, (I just bought two new Miniart sets), will be attached. I still have a long way to go! I won't be much longer on the theater marquee, (A Dual Project), so I hope to get a lot accomplished this winter!

Bob

Fantastic Effort Bob,

400 figures is incredible to have on a diorama.Way above normal figure painter's standards :notworthy :notworthy

Michael :)

Wow Bob excellent progress on this monster Dio .,. I enjoy your patient especially with all that's come your way ... :popcorn (y)

My river scene may get down for some more work ... In a year or two ... :salute

Logistics, Base and Buildings.

Over the years, I have considered myself imaginative and well-spoken. Perhaps even glib. I have NO words to express my admiration. I pray there are people in your area that are making an effort to "down-load" even just a teeny bit of your unique and varied skill-set. I understand the techniques are some of the same ones we all share, but your vision of "what could be" astounds me! :v :ro: :notworthy :woohoo: :salute

Fantastic Effort Bob,

400 figures is incredible to have on a diorama.Way above normal figure painter's standards :notworthy :notworthy

Thanks Mike!

This thread has set lonely for some time! However, today is thursday and I plan to complete the marquee discussed in A Duel Project by sunday, providing all goes as planned. Then I'll update the thread on the museum and finally get back to the bench. I have lost 16 months due to the move and I'm chomping at the bit as they say to get back to work on this diorama.

I have decided to start back with the last two vehicles that have yet to be built before returning to the figures. They are all built, many complete and most are in the process of being painted!.

Nobody knows just how badly I want to finish this diorama!

Bob

Wow Bob excellent progress on this monster Dio .,. I enjoy your patient especially with all that's come your way ... :popcorn (y)

My river scene may get down for some more work ... In a year or two ... :salute

Thanks,

I'll be back at it soon! I already have several thousand hours invested. I'm not about to let all that go to waste!

Bob

Over the years, I have considered myself imaginative and well-spoken. Perhaps even glib. I have NO words to express my admiration. I pray there are people in your area that are making an effort to "down-load" even just a teeny bit of your unique and varied skill-set. I understand the techniques are some of the same ones we all share, but your vision of "what could be" astounds me! :v :ro: :notworthy :woohoo: :salute

Thank you,

I appreciate your kind words! I'll be posting updates soon!

Bob

Thanks!

Bob

Logistics, Base and Buildings.

Hey Dave,

If you have some splash cash to throw around after winning lotto can you throw some my way and I'll come along with you to help out. :laugh: :laugh:

Nobody knows just how badly I want to finish this diorama!

Bob
Oh yeah you know how badly we want to see you finish it Bob :D

Dave!

If you won the lottery, you could fly over and help me finish it! :yipee

Hey, I'm tryin', I'm tryin'! Seriously, I will actually start back on it next week! That's a promise!

Bob

Hey, if you're still working on this when the IPMS Nationals come to Omaha, I'll be glad to come out or a day and help with this. Otherwise, I'll just enjoy the trip through the museum.

Back