• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Latest Acquisitions Revisited!

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Gerry. I thot that G scale trains were approximately 1/32 :good:

ANyhow, I see some nice stuff bein' posted!! :woohoo: B)

I just got a contour gauge someone picked up for me at Harbor Freight. Hopefully it'll help with making bulkheads in a couple of builds... :Hiay :soldier :drinks

Contour gauge Huh .... I think that will work as good as Clay ... for areas you can get to ... the clay will allow you to shape a bulk head inside two halves ...

Now on the Garden trains ... I found this photo of the different track Llagas Creek manufactures. Note the rails are all spaced the same it's just the ties that help complete the illusion.

hddd97ea.gif

Latest Acquisitions

1/72 scale Airfix P-51 Mustang:

2015_Nationals_Scores_IV.jpg

I have been considering this kit to replace the Hobby Boss Mustang hanging from my son's ceiling (with the same Korean War markings left over form the Academy kit). Poor F-51D took some FlAK while friends were over.

Regards,

It is a good little kit so far. There are some issues with the seam at the top of the nose and underneath, but overall it is a good fit. I'm going to try and get some pics up soon of this in my Manufacturing Thread; if you follow it, you'll be able to see it there. I recommend it this one.

Dave, good to know on the packaging. As I recall, the decals at least were correct. This was a raffle prize after all.

Latest Acquisitions

Thanks Gerry. I thot that G scale trains were approximately 1/32 :good:

ANyhow, I see some nice stuff bein' posted!! :woohoo: B)

I just got a contour gauge someone picked up for me at Harbor Freight. Hopefully it'll help with making bulkheads in a couple of builds... :Hiay :soldier :drinks

Contour gauge Huh .... I think that will work as good as Clay ... for areas you can get to ... the clay will allow you to shape a bulk head inside two halves ...

Now on the Garden trains ... I found this photo of the different track Llagas Creek manufactures. Note the rails are all spaced the same it's just the ties that help complete the illusion.

hddd97ea.gif

Been tryin' the modeling clay but, not having any luck with it. Hopefully this gauge will help some... :hmmm

Latest Acquisitions

Nice Ed. I may have to pick one of those up. I have the metal one but I like the plastic pins, no chance of scratching.

Here is my latest haul...

Small drill bit chuck for my Tamiya drill...

22ECCD98-82D2-4E73-AC93-96EA711E9196_zpse0auje4t.jpg

Thin bar square...

DE908382-35E3-4559-845C-0300EA6B045A_zps8necii2o.jpg

New tires and rims for Renee's Nomad. I brought one of the tires and rims with me to the local hobby shop to work out the attachment point and between me and Ian and a hand full of plastruct I lost them. :vmad

9897E112-249F-4A6A-8D48-69DA00A997E6_zpssnn9lbdb.jpg

The base for a sentimental build. Dad's sign shop in Opelousas, LA had a 1965 Ford 3/4 ton work truck with a factory service bed. 20 years ago it was still on the road. They don't make a 1965 Ford but Dad did have a 1960's Chevy. So I'm going to do this one up as a work truck with scratch built service bed. There are some great stories about that old truck I'll tell y'all later.

32C939B1-886F-4678-AFCD-41334710D826_zpsudf7sut6.jpg

Slam locks for the service bed...

B61CDF2A-A661-487D-9EE9-A3B51067EF4D_zpsfrwrxhvu.jpg

Latest Acquisitions

Yeah Kenny, Got it at Harbor Freight for $5. I just gotta figgerout how to use it properly... :frantic

Latest Acquisitions

Nice scores Kenny ... always love Me some tools .... I need One of those drill chucks tried of My Pin vice .... :( :woohoo: (y)

Latest Acquisitions

Small drill bit chuck for my Tamiya drill...

22ECCD98-82D2-4E73-AC93-96EA711E9196_zpse0auje4t.jpg

I was lucky that I have an old ProEdge pin vise that fits in the Tamiya chuck, but it still lets the real small bits slip unless they are taped.

That chuck looks ideal.

Okay, spill it, where'd ya find it? :D

Latest Acquisitions

I am very excited

I got my PMS today

DSCF7250_zpsltot9syu.jpg

(Protolink Modeling Stand)

Couple of friends make them and I could not wait to get one myself afdter seeing how well thought out it is.
Keep a lookout I will try and do a review of it soon

Back