• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Large Custom Millennium Falcon (new pics )

Large 32" Millennium Falcon (pics for pit seats )

That Coke can just caused a cerebral blowout here. Man, that's HUGE!!! :coolio

Large 32" Millennium Falcon (pics for pit seats )

That Coke can just caused a cerebral blowout here. Man, that's HUGE!!! :coolio

:lol:

Yeah, that is my generic Coke can for the build Chuck. Have already discovered that this is going to be a build of discovery. Going to have to use everything I know and have learned as well as really push the envelope on new stuff.

The bigness really didn't set in for me until the last shipment which had all the external parts for the cockpit. The Coke can fits inside. :woohoo:

While they made this to be a replica of the 32" build, it is large enough that the details on the 5 footer really add to it.

Thanks for looking everyone! Your posts and comments are much appreciated! :blush:

Here are Issues #7 and #8

Falcon-Basic-057.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-058.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-059.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-060.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-061.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-062.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-063.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-064.jpg~original

Thanks for looking in, this post has been revised to have Issues #7 and #8.

Large 32" Custom Millennium Falcon build

Well if does not work out, you can always convert it into a cooler :hmmm

I'm enjoying following along :popcorn

Thanks Dan! I think I had run across the Full Scale Falcon stuff. As to the seats, I beleive it is the basic stripped frame with some stuff added back on.

Again, Thanks for the links! (y)

Here is a new post on the Falcon build. It is an extreme one showing how I use an old type Dremel and Dremel drill press to "machine" a part off.

Enjoy

Falcon-FX-008.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-009.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-010.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-011.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-012.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-013.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-014.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-015.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-016.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-017.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-018.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-019.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-020.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-021.jpg~original

Falcon-FX-022.jpg~original

Ok so you got this far, now for the bonus A VIDEO!

https://youtu.be/DcjkFPum7GY

Enjoy Dave, you are the one that asked for the video !

Excellent update Paul. Yeah the new Dremal drill press is more like a toy compared to that thing. Good job on the video also.

Large Custom Millennium Falcon ( New pics & video)

Oh man what a great update and we had
VIDEO!!!
Thanks plus its nice to put a voice to this build. :drinks :popcorn

The thread I had on DeAgostini's forum is no longer. I basically posted there everything that was posted here, but apparently the admin there is a tny tin god :evil: (lots of things would have fit here better)

No one ever posted there to acknowledge anything, all I ever got to any degree was complaints from the moderator. Finally enough was enough and I removed it all. Heck the 3 other custom builds have not been posted to in months, so enough said on that. I had to at least say "something" to someone. I guess they don't like custom work on their kits, especially when it points out the fubars.

Anyway, to those that followed over here and wondered what happened there, that is it. Why waste time and energy on something like that.

:bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head :bang head

To everyone here MAN DO I EVER APPRECIATE YOU FOLKS !!! :notworthy (y) :notworthy (y) :notworthy (y)

That sucks dude.
I'm glad to have come over here to see your full info, but I still like the crew making Falcons over there. A lot of the builds in the blog directory are custom, though not to the extent you're going for.

I think a bit part is that they had to be very careful not to rile the Mouse overlords since they're a licensee. It wouldn't do anyone any good if Disney pulled the Falcon license because they felt they were seeing copyright content.

I'm grateful for the extent that you're examining the kit. Even if I don't follow all the steps you're doing, I can see what my options are to make it as accurate as possible. I'm already scratch-building the whole cockpit because I want that and the hold to be really accurate to my own tastes.

Thanks Dan and Dave. This latest was that I put a greyed pic in place of the ones they wouldn't like. Then put a little note in the middle of each one

Photo clip is
CENSORED
on this site
due to possible
Copyright
infringement

They really didn't like how I told it straight and removed the thread all together. I have run into that mentality from some Brits before.

This weekend I have been watching American Pie movies and I totally filled and removed all the edge detail on the turret TP-3. Have been adding all the little details around the edge that the 5 footer showed. Kept running out of one type and had to make some more.

More of what?

Little resin castings from a set of masters that I did. The mold of the one piece is starting to get a little worn. I am now reviewing to see how much more is needed to be added.

Of course they could get real pissy and cancel my subscription too. But whatever. Like I said the other customs hadn't been posted on in monhs and the best one was locked for no apparent reason.

Dave, at your most obnoxious I find you more helpful and honest than I have found on many other places. :good:

So no pics this weekend, I am buiilding. More pics soon though! :D

Even if they 'stuffed' it, seeing someone take their kit and creating a masterpiece should be a point of pride, not contention.

Regards,

Back