• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Large Custom Millennium Falcon (new pics )

Coming from a Galaxy Far Far away, an epic build.

I think you just gave me the answer I needed Bob! That makes sense from a number of perspectives. In this case each part and area can be given the hairy eyeball and "adjusted" for max detail. As there is the time to do so, it will make it quite easy.

I already know the interior is going to be a massive rework. With lighting out the wazoo. Right now I am considering how best to do so. One option being to scratchbuild the panels from lexan and having all the lighted buttons raised. Paint the panel black and then clean off the tops of the "square" buttons, and drill micro holes for light bulbs etc. I could add some other tweaks as well as all the 3D surface stuff. :hmmm Might have to do some experimentation.

Experimenting is COOL as long as there is anexplosion somewhere Mwhuhahahahaha :tomato

I've been watching waaaaaaaaaaaay to much Mythbusters :blush:

Naah, we don't need any 'splosions on this one Dave, but I am going to show you how to use an old 80's type Dremel drill press and drill as a micro mill with this next installment. Why fire up the big gun when the little one will work better.

Why I like the old Dremel set up is that the drill is locked solid and doesn't move around, and the table can be locked as well just after making minute adjustments up and down. I expect Bob might have to do an Ebay search once he sees my micro mill method.

I know, I know, Cut it out eh? :smack

NOT HAPPININ'!

I might try and see if I can even take video though. No Utube account and don't really have the time to mess with it. So if there is any video it will be a basic that can be posted on PBucket or something.

OK you "Efrican" you, I have a 168mb video with your name on it, so where can I post it? :bang head

It really shows fairly well how to use an ancient Dremel drill press as a sort of milling machine. Of course there is all the set up, and then clean up work after the fact that you will have to read about. :rotf

Naah, we don't need any 'splosions on this one Dave, but I am going to show you how to use an old 80's type Dremel drill press and drill as a micro mill with this next installment. Why fire up the big gun when the little one will work better.

Why I like the old Dremel set up is that the drill is locked solid and doesn't move around, and the table can be locked as well just after making minute adjustments up and down. I expect Bob might have to do an Ebay search once he sees my micro mill method.

I know, I know, Cut it out eh? :smack

You getting me started again...I got that dremal drill press stand but there's just too much play in it to work as a mill, I think. May not be the same thing, I got it just a couple of years ago.

I know the stand you are talking about Bob and it is only good for drilling holes. This one I am using is an old one that dates back to the early 80's and earlier.

It has a 4 inch square table made out of alluminum that is mounted on a center post and a knob on the right side that works a cam to make the table rise up. On the left side is a knob to lock the table. In the back is a 3/4 inche steel tube that rises up about a foot. The clamp that holds the Dremel clamps to that and the Dremel clamps into place.

Once you set it up and lock everything there is no wiggle at all. It works for light hand slid surfacing of parts. In this case I added a piece of masonite to the top of the table to have a larger area to support the larger part.

Not everything that is new is better. I'm going to so hate it when that Dremel dies.

Photos will be with the week 2 post.

Now about that video file. . . . .

Lets ask Bob about how to add an video to MA directly?

From a Galaxy Far Far away, New Post w/ Photo

Just a little update to keep everyone up to speed. Have made some decisions about the direction the build is going to take. Here is a little update showing why along with a teaser for Week #2.

Falcon-016.jpg~original

Falcon-017.jpg~original

Falcon-018.jpg~original

There is where it is at. Week #2 will have the show of what is in that pack as well as the how-to on what has been done on the turret. I will tell you up front that similar mods are going to be done all over the model in upcoming months. How much will be determined by what the part is and what is needed.

So till next time, :beer The Week #2 post is in process as well as the mod. See you soon!

From a Galaxy Far Far away, New Post w/ Photo

Here is the Week 2 "Bassic" installment. I will be posting an additional "EXTREME" edition here which will have all the "real" work. :tomato

That section isn't up to posting yet (still working on the part) But hopefully I should have something more in a few days.

So here is the "basic" for week 2.

Falcon-Basic-013.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-014.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-015.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-016.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-017.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-018.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-019.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-020.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-021.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-022.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-023.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-024.jpg~original

Falcon-Basic-025.jpg~original

Hope you liked it, as always if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

(and no Dave the video isn't uploaded yet)

REVISION
Updated some of the photos and added in a missing item in the middle of the list. Nothing major changed.

Back