• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kubelwagen in Normandy

Hi guys

now the kubel is complete 95% .

I have realized contrast tone first with lining (black and brown oil colours) , after light with drybrush ( white, yellow, brown and green oil colours).

1i1u0x.jpg

ngafb6.jpg

The wheels are in position but not glued , I'm waiting the realizing of diorama and only after this will be complete, I will put the car and the wheels.

I light coat of Tamiya's buff on lower chassis and wheels will complete the kubel.

now I'm studying the documentation , photos , ecc for found an idea ...

Stay tuned ...

mike

Always have to look in on Kubelwagen builds! Your build is looking quite nice! You might check your reference for the semiphore turn signals though. In many cases those were either removed or not installed. If it was a vehicle that was mostly in the field it probably did not have them. If it was a vehicle located in a large town or was an official staff car it might have had the semiphores.
Oh and they are those upright boxes at the windshield corners. Just an FYI.

(y) :D

Hi guys

now the kubel is complete 95% .

I have realized contrast tone first with lining (black and brown oil colours) , after light with drybrush ( white, yellow, brown and green oil colours).

1i1u0x.jpg

ngafb6.jpg

The wheels are in position but not glued , I'm waiting the realizing of diorama and only after this will be complete, I will put the car and the wheels.

I light coat of Tamiya's buff on lower chassis and wheels will complete the kubel.

now I'm studying the documentation , photos , ecc for found an idea ...

Stay tuned ...

mike

I'm like totally tuned in.

I'm interested in the oil color dry brushing, I think I can see some of them but would you explain how you applied all these colors and where?

Always have to look in on Kubelwagen builds! Your build is looking quite nice! You might check your reference for the semiphore turn signals though. In many cases those were either removed or not installed. If it was a vehicle that was mostly in the field it probably did not have them. If it was a vehicle located in a large town or was an official staff car it might have had the semiphores.
Oh and they are those upright boxes at the windshield corners. Just an FYI.

(y) :D

HI Paul ,
your opinion is very important for me, it is true. I see many photos of Kubelwagen and the turn signals often there aren't present. I used for my base reference the Military Miniatures in Review dedicated to Kubelwagen and the turn signals are present. The general status weathering of my Kubel is in good condition then it would justify the presence of them. The members crew are SS team in reconnaissance. You suggest me remove them anyway ?

The details present on windshield probably was used to block the canvas on them.

00048689.jpg

bye
mike

I'm interested in the oil color dry brushing, I think I can see some of them but would you explain how you applied all these colors and where?

Hi Moon puppy, thank you for your question.

I dont able to realize the drybrush with acrylic colours, and since the base coat german dark yellow is realized with this colours, I mixed some oil colours to obtain a light german dark yellow and after with drybrush method I apply them in areas where I want more contrast. Your opinion is to apply more contrast ?

mike

Hi Mike!

I would never presume to tell you how to build your model. I only offer some information to enlighten and educate. As a VW collector back in the 80's I was very much into all the information I could find about all the old vintage VW's which included the Kubelwagens.

As for details I can give this example based on the photo you have posted:

00048689.jpg

If I were to build a Kubel to this photo, It would be quite weathered, no semiphores, the fenders would be all beat up, and all the extra baggage and straps added. For one that was in good shape with semiphore units and not a lot of wear, I would place it in an urban scene. Say have it stationed in Paris or one of the German cities. Being in an urban environment, it wouldn't get the rough abuse that those in combat would receive and would be in nicer condition.

I am having difficulty right now with finding a photo of a Sturmgeshutz III Ausf B that shows a tank in somewhat decent condition. Most photos that I can find show the Stugs really beat up with fenders missing and mangled, and a lot of gear and junk strapped all over the tank. UGH! :sick:

I like this one very much,Mike! (y) :notworthy

Well done on using oil paints for Dry Brushing,I think that many modelers keep forgetting the wonderfull medium that Oils can be. :good:

Greetings,Ron.

Hi Paul

thank you for response. I don't reproduce the kubel in photos, I post this only for response for your question of details of windshield. My model will show in a little base which reproduce bocage in Normandy, and on car three SS soldiers.
I'm thinking if remove semiphores without damage at model......

In any case, I repeat that your suggestions are very helpful and I thank you.

greetings

mike

Hi Moon puppy, thank you for your question.

I dont able to realize the drybrush with acrylic colours, and since the base coat german dark yellow is realized with this colours, I mixed some oil colours to obtain a light german dark yellow and after with drybrush method I apply them in areas where I want more contrast. Your opinion is to apply more contrast ?

mike

Thanks for the reply Mike, no sir, think you're doing great, just asking in general. :dude

Back