• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Kubelwagen in Normandy

Hi guys
finally I'm at my first campaign on Modeler's Alliance.
My project is a little car in 1/35 scale, the famous "Kubelwagen " . My idea is to make the Kubel in Normandy with SS Crew while they see a Jabo in the sky.
33bdeo2.jpg

2ps5aoy.jpg

This is my modelling project for Holiday......

Suggestions , photos ecc. are welcome

Greetings
Mike

Hi guys

my first photos on this project. Tamiya's kit is very easy to assembly, the general form is very convincing. There are possibility to add most details a this good kit.
I suggest to visit the website http://www.primeportal.net/trucks/yuri_pasholok/typ_82_kubelwagen/

I have added the weld on exhausts , removed two pins and closed with putty and make a hole in terminal.
More little details is visible in photo

20f40ah.jpg

From primeportal

typ_82_kubelwagen_141_of_151.jpg

2469aio.jpg

The seats are simplified, I have engraved only the rear structure to simulate the springs

2le5a12.jpg

zja5af.jpg

I prefer now to make the preshading on floor, engine zone and others internal zone because not easy to paint after the mounting.

9ghtkw.jpg

mb30ax.jpg

Soon new photos

thank you

Mike

This will be good :popcorn - Never built a 'Kubi' been on my 'to do' list for years !!

Ian

Hi guys

after some time I return on this with some update. I have completed the build of little car with support of Eduard's Pe , very good and easy to use. I have added some wire un light, horn and others electrical little engine. With putty I have modify the canvas. The wheels aren't glued but in position only for photos.
Next step the painting ......

b5grvl.jpg

xnx8r4.jpg

stay tuned.

Mike B)

Hi guys

I insert an Update , some photos of paint step.

I have sprayed a light coat of Black Vallejo for preshading, after the base coat of Dunkelgeld, realized it with a mix of Vallejo 71081 + white from air colour.
The tamiya green XF43 completed the camo.
10e3qrm.jpg

The new step is the lining with oils colour, as in picture. The Hitlerjugend symbol is realized with stencil, the plates with trasfers numbers. I have found in internet a dbase with some plates numbers of german vehicle during WWII, and this is the criteria because I have reproduced the 175071 number.
ff8k7q.jpg

Now I'm working on weathering , the wheels and others details.

Coming soon new photos

greetings

mike

Back