• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

JS-2 Breakthrough tank...on to Berlin!!!

OK so here is the latest.

Weatherman called for rain, but it was quite sunny on da' porch. this is right over the little table where i spray:

hc25f7ae.JPG

Just for giggles, I hit everything in primer white, so I could more easily see the dark green colors that this tank calls for (note that it makes the crazy damage on the tank start to calm down):

hd14b695.JPG

And here it is after the fits paint pass. I am going to re-work some of the modulation and get the recognition stripes on it next go, but she ain't lookin' too bad for a start:

h3964fe2.JPG

h2f14ab5.JPG

h376276f.JPG

hed9e454.JPG

hccab445.JPG

The striping looks garish right now, but the recognition stripes and some of the darker paint will calm it down for sure. Onward & upward!

Nice job, neat idea going white.

Yeah we had rain early this am, guess you did too..:rotf

I don't know why the weather man just doesn't call it 50/50 chance of rain, it's either doing it or not.

thanks! Gonna go back with a darker shade and "narrow" some of that which does not appear to make it all the way to the bottom of the turret, and add the white striping around the turret.

Don't know why, but the Sotar 20/20 just did NOT want to run this paint today! I had this issue last time as well, the acrylic is very tricky to get to correct consistency to run in that fine .20 tip. Yes, it's not the Airbrush, it's me, but I swear this was easier when it was winter

thanks! Gonna go back with a darker shade and "narrow" some of that which does not appear to make it all the way to the bottom of the turret, and add the white striping around the turret.

Don't know why, but the Sotar 20/20 just did NOT want to run this paint today! I had this issue last time as well, the acrylic is very tricky to get to correct consistency to run in that fine .20 tip. Yes, it's not the Airbrush, it's me, but I swear this was easier when it was winter

What problems are you having with the paint? I am not an expert by any stretch but have been struggling with acrylic paint in warm humid conditions (Florida). Maybe I can offer some tips.

Paint job does look good in the photos though.
:soldier

Mike

WHELP, I was going to get out the airbrush & fix that streamlined thing I had going, and do the color mod good & proper, especially after seeing Iron Mike’s gray Stug.

But as I picked it up I said to myself “Self, where r the fender brackets???” I was so into the building....I fer-got ‘em!!! :facepalm

So I sat down and installed them. SO GLAD I realized this! Thanks to the hold&fold it was a pretty easy, & really enhances the look of wear & year

h33cf793.jpeg

Note that these pics are with my little Iphone "SE". They are actually better quality than the little Canon pocket camera that I have been using! Sadly, trying to add these with the small screen space of the little "SE" phone is a bear, but enough whining, here you go!

hc8b4e0b.jpg

ha66e086.jpg

h298123d.jpg

h35a93f8.jpg

h357345e.jpg

hc78e94f.jpg

Glad you caught it now. Still slot of time to integrate them into the paint work. While your at it, you may want to touch up those gaps above the fenders.

Looking good so far.

Glad you caught it now. Still slot of time to integrate them into the paint work. While your at it, you may want to touch up those gaps above the fenders.

Looking good so far.
yes I still need to do that I had noticed that today too. Some of it will be covered in the weathering. But expecting all of it to be covered is not realistic.

The issue with the paint, Skinny Mike, is that I just have a hard time getting it to run without clogging in that .20 tip & this South Carolina humidity of like 70%. Any tip appreciated!!!!

PS.....what part of Florida?

Need some retarder. Looks good, keep taking picts sideways so it doesn't matter if it uploads sideways. :popcorn

OK a bit more. here we see the fender gaps "Bondo'd"

h63c2fb7.jpg

and just for giggles, the wheels, modulation paint applied and some Vallejo "oily steel" for effect

h25624c7.jpg

Now back when I primed this thing white, it would hve been pretty smart of me to just mask off the areas to remain white, but NooOOOOooooo....I was impatient. the result? Well, ever wonder what 60 minutes + of masking time looks like? Cause here it is:

h012ad9c.jpg

hab9d6fe.jpg

It was a total pain in da' keister, but the end is worth it, as you can see. I have the decal on too, and yes, still alot of touch-up and work to go, but here is where she currently sits:

h0a8c6e1.jpg

h79a7520.jpg

+ one with the the Solvaset on the decals still wet, hence the shiny stuff

hf0cca55.jpg

Lastly, Here is an indicator of what is going on one side. Will have fuel tanks on the other, but this + some other little details I have in mind will, I think, set this guy off from the rest of the brood:

hb7183ec.jpg

PS - yes the sideways pics are still there, I think MP is messing with me!

Well, just need some clear coat on this guy so I can get to the weathering process. I am going to do that, & I think I am going to jump to the other JS kit I am building and get some initial paint on it today too....see ya' later..alligators!

That is sensational! Brilliant work on masking that turret and painting it. I know what you went through; I've done the same thing, waiting to mask something again that should have been masked off sooner and easier. Your recovery was brilliantly done. Way to go!

Back