• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Italeri BMW motorcycle with sidecar

Hi Mike
The fit is pretty good but a lot of the parts are slightly warped so they need twisting back in to shape especially when fitting two flat surfaces together, quite a lot of flash on some bits as well but overall it's all really nice for a 40 year old mould, detail level is good too, just needs a little time with a sharp scalpel blade and some sanding sticks which is all part of the fun really..

It will build out of the box like any kit, its all there, just a few small details that i will add because that's the fun for me , its a complete kit ready to go. You could build it i suspect without the side car if you wanted but i will let you know for sure as i go along. Its not Tamiya but its not far off if you dont mind just cleaning up a few bits and sanding some joints.

Looking great Paddy! (y)

If I remember correctly, these were considered to be "The Best" back in the day. (The Kubelwagen wasn't though) Have several in my stash. (too much to build not enough time) :facepalm

Just a start of year update, its all looking a bit like plastic :) at the moment but a few washes and some wear and tear will tone it all down soon

Happy new year from Great Britain as we leave europe and strike out on our own once again :)

I need to slow down on this and get some work done now the holidays are over :).......
This is a really nice kit, only problem i have had so far is the exhaust , I basically had to heat the pipes up and bend them to fit but other than that its excellent. Huge amount of detail and it even comes with its own lille case with a tool kit inside :)

starting to look a bit more like a bike now :)

Back