• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iranian M4A3E8 105mm

Not a whole lot more done but I'm struggling with the AFV Club track. I did have some parts come in for this build. Just trying to speed it up some.

Cool stuff from TMD

IMG_0438.JPG

I drilled out the spots for the front lift rings and the plugged the holes with stretched spruce ends

IMG_0444.JPG

AFV Club T84 track as I have not found any photos of these tanks having steel track in the Iran Iraq war. I seem to have a love hate with AFV Club track. Hate to deal with it but love what I can do with it. The pictures I have found the rubber track is just worn out.

These have been a thorn in my side for a couple months now. I'm to the point I can see a little light at the end of the tunnel. The worst part I have to say is the punch out marks. You either have to fill them or file them off. Next would be the spruce attachment, you have to be so very careful in removing them.

IMG_0446.JPG

After cleaning them up I sanded the chevron with 120 grit sand paper or filed them down or I used my Dremel with a medium cutting bit.

IMG_0447.JPG

Then I would chip what remained with a hobby knife or file some more or sand and again use the Dremel but with a small cutting bit. A lot of time I would switch back and forth.

IMG_0448.JPG

The light it grows :gogo

IMG_0445.JPG

That poor Chevy all the wood in the cab is rotting out. Every time I see it I think it would make a neat ramp truck for hauling a Hot Rod.

I have a walk around of it somewhere I took last winter :hmmm

That poor Chevy all the wood in the cab is rotting out. Every time I see it I think it would make a neat ramp truck for hauling a Hot Rod.

I have a walk around of it somewhere I took last winter :hmmm

How cool would it be to have two ratrods... :woohoo: When Cindy wins the lottery I'm on it! :ro:

Now we have totally hijacked your tank thread. :soldier

I love the work you're doing on this tank. Watching you deal with those tracks makes me thrilled to only be building 1/72 scale tanks though! Man, that is something! I also love that truck; too bad it can't be restored, that would be amazing.

Primed some accessories today

IMG_0476.JPG

Got some crew heads in the mail the other day. Now I've just have to figure out what uniformed bodies to put them on :hmmm

IMG_0477.JPG

A shot from Sherman County

93556_o.jpg

On my search for another started project. I became distracted with this pushed a side project. I then worked the road wheels some more

IMG_0720.JPG

A shot from Sherman County
018~0.JPG

Good looking wheels!

Nice photo, I always think what these old houses may have looked like when they were occupied.

Great job on the wheels but that pic is quite haunting. I can almost hear the sounds of a tractor and children running around outside playing. Makes me nostalgic for yesteryear....

I finally got most of the welds done :bang head Last time I ever place the plastic rod on and then soften it with liquid cement

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

started to add Archer casting numbers to some parts, lots more to go.
IMG_0743~0.JPG

Welds done on the turret and so is the casting texture
IMG_0744~0.JPG

IMG_0746~0.JPG

Hopefully back on track with this one.

Looking great man! You got that texture down pat! Why were the weld seams so difficult; I thought you were supposed to lay the styrene down and then add the liquid cement.

Looking great man! You got that texture down pat! Why were the weld seams so difficult; I thought you were supposed to lay the styrene down and then add the liquid cement.

I have always soaked/softened the styrene in liquid cement first. Then worked in small sections no longer than a half an inch. the one problem I would run into is keeping the line straight when doing long welds. I saw/read/heard about putting the styrene on first then softening it. I thought it would be easier keeping the weld straight. Yes it was but the time it took to soften the styrene was nuts.

Back