• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Fan 1/35 M911 & trailer & D9

Teaker11

Here is my official entry for the More than four Wheelers
Hobby Fan M911& trailer with a Vajra Miniature Armoured D-9 Bulldozer

Should be an interesting build, no PE in this one, or deacals, so if any one knows of any Iraq Alllied decals let me know, also looking for the tie downs for the trailer and bulldozer. Chain and rachet type and pictures.
I will start the truck first, trailer and then bulldozer, I have to come up with the armour that they used for rockets, probify modify another jits but boy it is expensive $50 to $100 us. We will see
030-2.jpg

033-2.jpg

032-1.jpg

Lots of parts plus I am in the process of moveing, dont know where yet but all my tools are in storage, managed to keep my aircompresser and airbrush, but thats about it , working from a tool box. More to follow :lol: this should be a good one
Jim

I hit the jackpot the other day, There is a company called Combat Index that has the full military manuals on disk I picked one up for the M911 and the disk weighs in at around 3500 pages on mods, repairs everything I needed. They also have one on the trailers that the Het series used and the price was good $17.00 + shipping they have lots of different manuals for lots of Army equipment. web site is www.combatindex.com. Nothing on the D9 though. I have my condo ready to sell now I can break the kit out and start. More to come...Jim :lol:

Here is the D-9 un packed and sorted. some of the pieces are rough and will need a little work and also have a few broken parts, window frame and tabs on the tracks that I can save. I also want to open the gunners hatch and mabe a door we will see. this thing is a monster I think you will be surprised when done.
003-50.jpg

002-54.jpg

001-57.jpg

Truck gets unpacked mext :woohoo:
Jim

Jim that is a lot of resin you've got! It sure is going to be some project! I can't wait to see it unfold.

Jaymes

Ok I have everything sorted, missing one part that I will have to recast, so the truck will start 1st. There is no PE on any of thease kits, all resin. The Hobby Fan are crisp parts, well molded. The D9, well we will have to see its a little rough. I need to pick up some brass and wire for air lines and fuel lines, and some cable for the wintches. and all my tools are in storage, I have razor blades , a sheet of sand paper air brush and compresser so this ought to be interesting. and I have to be ready to leave in 1/2 hour notice so my relator can show my condo and get a nice house with a big Model room. Here are all 3 kits sorted and ready to go.
010-5.jpg

009-6.jpg

011-3.jpg

Also waiting on a 50 Cal for the bulldozer and have to scratch build a chain tie down for the bulldozer.
more to come
Jim

Well got a slow start today, front axel, engine mount with no engine and transfer case which will have 5 axles from 5 elevations and no locator for it to boot I have the actual builders manuals and it is still tough. nothing on Sunday house is up for sale and haveing open house
Jim
005-34.jpg

004-44.jpg

Thanks for the scoop on the bull dozer will get to it later Im trying to find out if the army used add on armor for rpg's I have a ton of pictures from the IDF but only 6 from army and can't get a manual so still classified.

Here is the latest update, I am haveing problems with keeping the frame square, I think that once the major parts are on it should clear up.
004-45.jpg

003-51.jpg

Here is what my model room used to look like before we decided to put this condo up for sale:
006-19.jpg

and here is what it looks like today, I have been banned to the card table
006-22.jpg

Please some one buy this so I can have a room back:woohoo:
Jim

Here is todays update , almost time to start painting the frame
001-58.jpg

002-55.jpg

003-52.jpg

004-46.jpg

and here are a set of wheels just setting on the axles,
006-23.jpg

this truck is a monster and still haveing problems keeping square, that and breaking drive trains a couple of times. but it is going toghter pretty quick:mpup
JIm

Big set back today, I forgot how to count. there are 13 wheels on the cab, I got 12 and the on I am short is the back read inside wheel, so I emailed Hobbyfan and see what will happen. Had them all painted and was getting readey to install when I ran into this problem. Normalally I would not panic and make a mold and recast said part, but all my modeling supplies are in storage and cant get to them.......So I will have to see what Hobbyfan can do for me or Order a $80.00 casting kit for 1 wheel:woohoo: and life goes on. What a day
JIm

I tried Merit int and they said to email Japan,no reply so all my resin and mold makeing material is in storage, today I found a set for 40.00 for 1 wheel. So I am back in business. should have wheel done by tomorrow :lol:
Jim

Well now that things seem to be working, so am I. I casted a new wheel, neither Merit int and Hobbyfan answered and am building again. I have the tires painted and most of the cab done. I need to find some stronger super glue seems for every 2 pieces i glue on I break one off, oh well I will post pictures Tomorrow today the condo is being shown again so no modeling. I will be glad if it sells or not , I want my stuff out of storage. Bye all
Jim

Good day all, sorry for no updates in a while I haven't felt good and I was having log in issues that seemed to have settled down , but here is the latest: No reply from hobby Fan so I spent $40:00 and made a mold and casted a new wheel. A dissapoitment due to the ammount of this kit, but life goes on.
003-53.jpg

002-56.jpg

and here is the frame with more parts I am finding more parts a really warped and is takeing longer to build.
004-47.jpg

005-35.jpg

006-24.jpg

and here is a couple of pictures with the wheels just resting on the axles no glue yet. this is getting to be a heavy model and as soon as I finish the frame and paint it I will start on the cab. It is not going to be fun lot of warped parts not big just little.
007-18.jpg

008-12.jpg

and there was no engine. oh well still haveing fun and I have to quit counting bolts, This is supposed to be fun. Good day all
Jim

Back