• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss 1/16 Tiger 1

I used red body filler from Wallmart. Tube was about $3.00 and should last a while. I used masking tape on each side of the section I was doing, unless it edged a previously done side, and then added putty. Then I used a razor blade and dragged it down so the section was even. The tape provided the proper depth of filler. Then used the screw driver and made rows of slots, pull the tape and let dry. You might want to use something else to set the depth as this is a bigger model. Hope that helps.
James

Ausf has a sure fire method for zimmerit, I have used it and it works well. I hope he doesn't mind my posting the link.

http://ausfwerks.com//techniques/zim/main.html

Lots of other good stuff there too!

The tracks are looking swell! (y) :drinks

About time this had more work done on it.

Bit of cutting on the front to remove the rounded bit where the drive gears go. Bit of bog and these little metal transmission covers that I found on ebay and it should be all good (I hope).

140UI5I5UKU.jpg

DSCN2085.JPG

DSCN2086.JPG

DSCN2087.JPG

DSCN2088.JPG

DSCN2089.JPG

All you need to remember is that when it's built, ain't nobody goin' to ignore it !!

Willen Gluck.

Ian

Right I bit the bullet and tried putting Zimmerit on using Tamiya basic putty (the one with the orange lid).

And after a fair bit of practice and trial runs I went with the applicator tools that come with the kit after trying screw drivers and other bits and pieces.

DSCN2107.JPG

DSCN2109.JPG

DSCN2111.JPG

DSCN2112.JPG

Thanks for your comments they are much appreciated.

First coat of dark yellow on over a prime of AK Interactive grey, tracks painted in Vallejo Model Air camo black brown.
Next will be a couple of coats of lighter yellow and decide what camo scheme to use.

DSCN2153.JPG

DSCN2154.JPG

DSCN2155.JPG

DSCN2156.JPG

Back