• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss 1/16 Tiger 1

Gatto

Hello all

My entry will be this little fella, the plan is mainly OOB but may replace a few bit. Not into rivet counting so if there are huge issues with this kit so be it, only doing it for fun (I hope).

DSCF5468~2.JPG

DSCF5459~2.JPG

DSCF5460~2.JPG

DSCF5461~2.JPG

DSCF5462~2.JPG

DSCF5469~1.JPG

All the road wheels are done and I must say the detail looks pretty good, might be a plan to leave the rubber off the wheels till after painting.
DSCF5470~2.JPG

DSCF5471~2.JPG

This should be an impressive project,is the zimm molded on,or is it an add on,how does it look ?

Hi I have been a bit slack lately and the weather has been to good to be inside the house.

But here is a update on the build, the tracks are together and look pretty good and the suspension hubs are in place which was a huge job requiring a couple of extra fingers to hold all the parts in the right places to screw together.

IMAG1192.jpg

IMAG1193.jpg

IMAG1194.jpg

Yes I am starting to think why did I pick something this big.

I have a question on the Zimmerit, is the style or pattern a big issue for this model, as I am still trying to decide to buy pre made sheets or apply my own.

All the Tigers I have seen are a slotted zim. Should be able to reproduce using a screw driver. Would just be time consuming. When I did zim on my 1/35 model I did it by sections over a few days.
James

Thanks for that James, what sort of putty do you find the best. Thinking of which I will need a gallon of.

Back