• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hit and run on my truck.

The Zod

Woke up just after 2 am Eastern time this morning. What do I see on my driver's side? Somebody went and brushed up against the driver's side of my truck. Damage was,a broken hood mirror,bent door mirror,and scraped paint on the fender,just above the tire.

Hit and run. :angry:

What ever happened to honesty,and inetgrity? If whomever had done the damage fessed up,they would not have gotten a hurt real bad.

the coward who caused this damaged can be tracked down for sure!

telling from your damage description the other car must have left some traces of paint on your truck so when you file a charge let the police take probes of the paint and then let them search local workshops for cars with that color recently repaired! afaik every car factory has it's own color mixes and a chemical analysis allows to tell what brand the car was!

no matter how low such a behaviour (that of the one who hit your truck) is and how angry you are at the moment, better think of the moment when the <insert insultion of choice here> is discovered and presented the bill plus the charge! that will be a priceless moment!

Kreighshoer wrote:
the coward who caused this damaged can be tracked down for sure!

telling from your damage description the other car must have left some traces of paint on your truck so when you file a charge let the police take probes of the paint and then let them search local workshops for cars with that color recently repaired! afaik every car factory has it's own color mixes and a chemical analysis allows to tell what brand the car was!

no matter how low such a behaviour (that of the one who hit your truck) is and how angry you are at the moment, better think of the moment when the <insert insultion of choice here> is discovered and presented the bill plus the charge! that will be a priceless moment!
I drive a commercial truck,aka big rig. From what I can gather from the photos I took for the company I work for,it was a trailer that hit me at that truck stop. Part of the problem is,a lot of big rig trailers are painted white.

Even the cops said that it will be difficult to track down who did this to me. No security cameras are at truck stop parking lots for the most part. The fuel pumps,yes. Hopefully,Kharma will catch up to the hit and run driver.

General Zod wrote:
Snipped:

Even the cops said that it will be difficult to track down who did this to me. No security cameras are at truck stop parking lots for the most part. The fuel pumps,yes. Hopefully,Kharma will catch up to the hit and run driver.

Hi there General Zod.

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his fuel lines!

Cheers from Peter

Hi Chad, it's frustrating. I've gotten to my truck to see the texas bumper smashed to the steer tire and the other way 'round, 3 ft of it sticking straight out, the 'ol peel and go. Funny how it's always the shiny stuff.
Once had another truck back his trailer into my sleeper and still kept coming. He even pulled up and hit it again before another guy finally got his attention to tell him he was using my truck as a dock bumper!

Tim

I'm lucky, only hit and run I've been a victim of happened right in front of the guy who was running for Sheriff. He chased him down (he was a deputy at the time) and caught him and insurance covered all repairs.

hood wrote:
Hi Chad, it's frustrating. I've gotten to my truck to see the texas bumper smashed to the steer tire and the other way 'round, 3 ft of it sticking straight out, the 'ol peel and go. Funny how it's always the shiny stuff.
Once had another truck back his trailer into my sleeper and still kept coming. He even pulled up and hit it again before another guy finally got his attention to tell him he was using my truck as a dock bumper!

Tim

Ouch.

I will never understand why some drivers will do stuff like tha.After the first time they do it,how can they not know they hit something?

I feel your pain Chum

I had a much prized BMW motorcycle trashed on several occasions.

Turned out it was someone living in my building who was pissed because I worked hard and wanted to treat myself after all the graft.

We had what you might call a frank exchange of views on the subject :evil:

Simon

General Zod wrote:
hood wrote:

Tim

Ouch.

I will never understand why some drivers will do stuff like tha.After the first time they do it,how can they not know they hit something?
You would think They would. It was just a straight Dock back too! I was just along for the ride at that point and didn't know what was ramming me. He whollaped me so hard it shoved my PARKED truck sideways a couple of feet.

Crazy stuff happens in truck stops. I have rolled into them at crack of dawn to see the whole front of some poor guy's sleeping truck tore off and laying on the pavement in front of it. All I can think is man will he be p*ssed when he wakes up.

Tim

hood wrote:
General Zod wrote:
hood wrote:

Tim

Ouch.

You would think They would. It was just a straight Dock back too! I was just along for the ride at that point and didn't know what was ramming me. He whollaped me so hard it shoved my PARKED truck sideways a couple of feet.

Did the name on the truck start with an S,and end with a T? :S

Back