• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa Grumman F-14A Tomcat COMPLETE!

Hasegawa Grumman F-14A Tomcat - EXEMPT

Ok, distraction worked!! B)

spent some time on this kit last night. It is a pig! hope the new Tamiya kit is better!

I assembled the air intakes last night and several other parts that go on the rear fuselage and wings. I'll have to paint the wings before I glue this section together.

hd336915.jpg

coming together!

hb0153a3.jpg

Looking good, both the distraction and your build :)
James

That build is looking super neat The distraction is rather nice as well

That looks amazing despite the issues. You got this man, it's coming along well.

Thanks everyone! Been doing some field work the past month so after getting back from sea I'm taking a couple days off for relaxing at the bench. Finally made a bit of progress to post:

from a 2 seat Tomcat pit to a 3 seat

h1eeee73.jpg

he87f6aa.jpg

got the rear together and started some pre-sading. Not sure if anyone has built this 48 scale F-14 but the fit isn't the best, at least on mine. going to take a bit of clean up!

h31308f9.jpg

still need to attach the front.

haae5465.jpg

with the new rear gun. I need to file down the new section for the new glass piece for the rear gunner. Then I can attach the front.

ha382f5a.jpg

thought of a final designation for this too.

Mitsubishi G14M "Rairyū" 雷竜 (lightning dragon) Type 137 Fast Attack Bomber

That is a most impressive grafting on of a third seat and canopy! Brilliant man!

Thanks everyone! Been doing some field work the past month so after getting back from sea I'm taking a couple days off for relaxing at the bench. Finally made a bit of progress to post:

from a 2 seat Tomcat pit to a 3 seat

h1eeee73.jpg

he87f6aa.jpg

got the rear together and started some pre-sading. Not sure if anyone has built this 48 scale F-14 but the fit isn't the best, at least on mine. going to take a bit of clean up!

h31308f9.jpg

still need to attach the front.

haae5465.jpg

with the new rear gun. I need to file down the new section for the new glass piece for the rear gunner. Then I can attach the front.

ha382f5a.jpg

thought of a final designation for this too.

Mitsubishi G14M "Rairyū" 雷竜 (lightning dragon) Type 137 Fast Attack Bomber

Dude! Rock on! :dude :dude

So you want to face my MiG-39 with that Piece of old junk? This russky will have you for breakfast! Bring it on...

Excellent model so far, looking really good. The third seat is just AWESOME!

Cheers

Alex

So you want to face my MiG-39 with that Piece of old junk? This russky will have you for breakfast! Bring it on...

Excellent model so far, looking really good. The third seat is just AWESOME!

Cheers

Alex

Likely Alex, mine will have 1945 weapons to fight with! :D

Thanks everyone! I took a vacation day and spent a lot of time sanding and filling.

got a few things done though and I am close to getting some paint on this.

First, finished the IP's and got the canopy on. I'm waiting for a mask to come. There is a major gap in the new rear glass for the gunner.

h33ec2f5.jpg

I decided the Japanese probably would have made the canopy more like their traditional greenhouses so I needed some extra ribbing in there......break out the furnace tape!

hb27db2f.jpg

added a few more pieces and closed up the seams between the front and rear glass. I also took a sharp tool and made a few rivet pints in the furnace tape.

h30b4fc5.jpg

Then I used some Micro crystal clear to fill the major gaps in the rear glass. I wiped it with a wet paper towel after to smooth it out.

h4ddf45d.jpg

worked on the ordinance

hf3b1529.jpg

and got the tail planes attached.

h23db9bb.jpg

Trying very hard to get all these finished before the deadline, mainly focusing on the Tomcat and the Tony since they're both IJN aircraft.

My canopy masks came

h98003d7.jpg

got both the Tomcat and the Tony masked up

h8542980.jpg

painted

h81a6aaa.jpg

been adding some pre-shading and working on the engines. started with Tamiya flat aluminum

hfb3e9a6.jpg

added some brass

hd393af0.jpg

then a little Nato black

hecf8a49.jpg

masked off the tail fins and added the nose cone, this is where she's at right now.

hccaa42f.jpg

Back