• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gun Truck

Don't worry Bob since you will likely shoot a dull coat in the end, it will lighten it back up .

Cheers, Christian B)

Found time today for some good bench time. Not very productive, had to come and go a bit.

I sprayed Migs Dark Wash over the whole thing then used mineral spirits to blend and remove. Then used Vallejo Red Oxide pigment with a bit if black and mineral spirits for the red dust.

The guns, I used the black pigment with pigment fixer to over paint the very shinny AK Gun Metal stuff. Kinda like the effect.

I got really frustrated when I put the guns on, you see why...

h5dd8c9c.jpg

I was thinking just take some strategic shots and press on.

h2e20a62.jpg

But that's a whole lot of whack to be out of. I was about to put a dull coat on it and call it but I didn't fell like this would be my best effort, in fact, it was no effort in just accepting what came out of the box.

so I thought, what would they do in the field to fix this? Surely both mounting points have adjustments to move the gun around to get it sited in correctly, they would have shims to lift one end or another...so...I shimmed it.

hd1f91da.jpg

h18d6644.jpg

and a little touch up paint and no one will notice. :soldier

What'chall Think?

Got some more pictures. Flat coat on.

Got some more odds and ends to add. More ammo boxes in the back.

h0599d24.jpg

h89fdb8b.jpg

ha621dd5.jpg

hfbe0a80.jpg

hab8aeb0.jpg

I sharpened a couple of these images acting like I know what I"m doing, made Nancy look like she's got some silvering going on, really doesn't. I'll stop acting like I know what I'm doing...:rotf

Got some more pictures. Flat coat on.

Got some more odds and ends to add. More ammo boxes in the back.

Looks good!

If this vehicle just got back from a convoy, perhaps a box or two out of place at an angle with the lids open or off and a bunch of shell casings on the floor would set the tone that they saw action on that trip. As ammo was being consumed, the ammo cans were usually tossed to the side once empty with the majority hitting the ground rather than cluttering the floor with empties.

Cheers,
James

Thanks James, yeah that's the plan. I know I had talked about sand bags, may do them yet if I get the right material.

I'm Done!

OK, maybe I could add some stuff to it yet but can't we say that about most builds?

Added the mirrors on last thing. Hard to do, no attachment point, will probably fall off before the end of the day. :rotf

h3b2543e.jpg

h5b2e1ac.jpg

ha3b22d4.jpg

Used the tombstone cans on the guns. Not sure if that's %100 accurate but I like the look of them. Used the spares in the bed.

ha82b6d4.jpg

h6bc4e75.jpg

Cut up some .3mm brass tube for the ejected shells and fixed with Migs pig fixer.

Thanks for all y'alls encouragement and suggestions. Glad to get this done so I can get back to something with wings! :pilot

Back