• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

Man what a session today! :soldier

You can really see in this kit how someone with more knowledge about the Bradley could really go to town with it. The bolt on armor on the turret clearly can be interchangeable with earlier versions, if they come out with earlier versions. Or you can model it without that reactive armor system.

hf36fa13.jpg

Here's one of the panels built up.

h42a66de.jpg

Notice the blanks on the turret. I'm not concerning myself with seams so much as it looks like seams between panels are pretty well defined in real life.
hd48fa61.jpg

Notice how you can do the panel without the armor.

h56d7bb8.jpg

Let's get some geek on..

I gotta wonder, how often is the iron site used on the Bushmaster?

h3e46026.jpg

h7aac5e7.jpg

I got it working..for the time being.

I had to pin the mounting point of the aiming arm to the gun, used some scale hardware .7mm bolt head. Tricky spot to put something, best do it before building up the gun and turret.

Kit comes with this nifty soft rubber dust cover for the gun, but mind has split. Might replace it with lead foil.

hc02ea3f.jpg

h6995b72.jpg

Do I need to boresight the thing?

h68198e9.jpg

h3d5ce91.jpg

All the parts that take periscopes are dry fitted right now. Driver hatch, that sun roof option on the back. I got to figure out how to get that look of the periscopes, that sort of gold, reflective look to it.

Also that armor plate and the optics need some treatment. I got AlcladII armor plate green and Tamiya transparent green. Any suggestions?

that turret is looking sweet! That top iron sight is a crude anti-aircraft sight. we never trained with it.

Really, I bet there was 4 books on how to maintain it though.

Chris I got an idea for the periscopes, the armor glass around the commander, what color would those be? Tinted green?

Bob,
on that version (A3) the periscopes are tinted a pinkish color. From what I understand it is a anti-laser coating or something like that.

see the drivers periscopes?
Bradley_M2A3_Infantry_Armored_Fighting_Vehicle_US_Army_03.jpg

and your not kidding about maintenance books. LOL the turret was for Sargent and above - they had their own manual. LOL the hull belonged to the driver/enlisted ranks. I had two manuals, one for maintenance and one for "how to" LOL

I think that pinkish looking color is the Anti Reflective Coating which can be purplish or somewhat blueish as well. Depends on the light and light angle.

I did some test shots. Tamiya clear red, a shot of Alclad Chrome on the opposite side of what will face out and then black. For the armor plate glass, think just light Tamiya clear green? (alclad armor plate seems to etch the clear plastic)

The various sensor lenses, think the one to the right of the commander's hatch is the Tow targetting camera, not sure what that suitcase looking things is. What little I can find on them seem to be a bit smoky in color, is that what y'all seeing?

I did some test shots. Tamiya clear red, a shot of Alclad Chrome on the opposite side of what will face out and then black. For the armor plate glass, think just light Tamiya clear green? (alclad armor plate seems to etch the clear plastic)

The various sensor lenses, think the one to the right of the commander's hatch is the Tow targetting camera, not sure what that suitcase looking things is. What little I can find on them seem to be a bit smoky in color, is that what y'all seeing?

pretty much correct - The sight to the right of the commander is the Commanders Independent Sight (CIS), so he can look around without messing with the main sight the gunner is using. That appears to be dark grey or black. I've never seen any detail on this sight to show the lens. The gunner's sight (ISU) does both the 25mm and the TOW launcher.
On the old M2A0, the glass was clear on the gunners left and gold on the gunners right, the gold was for the thermal sight and the clear was just the daylight sight. On the A3 model, well on all the web pictures, they both appear to be clear, they may be coated, but the angle of web photos don't show it.

That silver/red is a great idea. I can't wait to see it! your idea on the armored glass being greenish is spot on.
M2_Bradley_287229.jpg

Then there's this.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Party-Baking/Gift-Wrap/Tissue-Paper-Fillers/Red-Mylar-Gift-Tissue-Paper/p/111030

hb98f60e.jpg

Most of the turret is built and primed. Looking forward to painting this, I got various shades of yellow-buff lined up.
I put the grill on the gunner's sight but I think I regret it now because I think I did a fair job on the clear part. I might pop it off and install the glass after all.

h270dc21.jpg

HUGE hole in the bottom of the Tow launcher. I can't leave that like this, need something up in there, I was thinking just some tubes but the few shots I can find it looks more complicated.

:soldier

https://www.army.mil/article/137178/Cav_conducts_TOW_missile_training/

About the best shot I can find of the underside. think I can fake it from there.

Wont the Pink/purple Alclad colorchanging metal work just as well there or even the Tamiya metalic pink spraycan paint on the back

Back