• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gotha GO 242/244

That looks fantastic so far! And please don't glue the doors shut; that will be so much better with them able to open. You could even have this in a dio where they are driving off a Kubelwagen or something.

Keep it up; this is coming along nicely. The yellow is looking good.

That looks fantastic so far! And please don't glue the doors shut; that will be so much better with them able to open. You could even have this in a dio where they are driving off a Kubelwagen or something.

Keep it up; this is coming along nicely. The yellow is looking good.

No plans to close them permanently but I need some way to keep them shut till the primary color are on.

Cheers, Christian B)

Strange few days but I did manage to get a few things done.

The lower half is painted decaled and sealed

GO_paint_002a.jpg

Next the green paint roughed in.

GO_paint_004a.jpg

Then the black green. Tomorrow I'll seal that paint and move to finishing the sides.

GO_paint_005a.jpg

Cheers, Christian B)

Fantastic stuff Chris. You make it seem so easy (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)
James

Thanks guys. It is still a good ways from being painted . The sides have barely received any camo.

GO_drying_001a.jpg

I just thought that I needed to protect the top surfaces with some Future before I start the rest of the basic paint. And then will come some treatments....blah, blah, blah ...

The only reason you think it's easy is because you can't hear me grumble :bang head This thing is being a bear to paint due to the booms and the depth of the cargo hold :vmad

Cheers, Christian B)

Rather than tackling the paint on the sides, I decided to do some fading on the top surfaces tonight. The green/black green are just too boring :S

I think it will look better once the flat coat is on.

Go_paint2_001a.jpg

Next, I applied the national markings . The Italeri decals are closer to cardboard :bang head than the real item so I went to the spares box and found some suitable Microscale replacements.

Go_paint2_002a.jpg

So much better :yipee Got a good coat of future drying on top now :D

Next the sides . Cheers, Christian

The markings really set it off, I dig it! (y) :drinks

PS, please try to keep it out of the pond. :D

Back