• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gotha GO 242/244

Well yes. I don't have a real name for it and if mounted it backwards it certainly would look like one :rotf

GO_cow_catcher_001a.jpg

It appears to be a brace for the beam which is probably a skid plate anyhow . Strange gear :blink

Oh, and the long white streak is one of many places that had to be filled with miliput because of the sinkholes .

Cheers, Christian B)

Wow, I came into this late, but that is a great model! Now I want to get two of them: one to make powered and the other a glider. You're doing fantastic, keep it up!

Well Mark don't get in too big of a rush . It requires a lot of extra care :fencing

Not sure it would suit your " get her done " building style :idonno but it is achievable.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for looking in Bob and you also Reconron ( don't hear from you much.

Thanks for the # 1 that was so much better than # 10 in SE. Asia :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Oooohh ! I'm really liking that new ribbon :D

Wow, I came into this late, but that is a great model! Now I want to get two of them: one to make powered and the other a glider. You're doing fantastic, keep it up!

Well Mark don't get in too big of a rush . It requires a lot of extra care :fencing

Not sure it would suit your " get her done " building style :idonno but it is achievable.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the advice. I like to think I can 'git 'r done" and still put in a lot of care. After all, I do that with all my ACE kits, my Dora railgun, and several other short-run model kits I've done. Still, I won't rush to get one since I have such a large stash and need to get them built so I can have room.

Keep going, that is looking really good. I can't wait to see it in paint.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the advice. I like to think I can 'git 'r done" and still put in a lot of care. After all, I do that with all my ACE kits, my Dora railgun, and several other short-run model kits I've done. Still, I won't rush to get one since I have such a large stash and need to get them built so I can have room.

Keep going, that is looking really good. I can't wait to see it in paint.

Didn't say you couldn't. Only that it'll be challenging . As long as you are warned, I consider my job done . Of course I might have gotten the mutt of the liter too.

Mark , talking to me about armor is no more helpful than Russian would be. If you tell me they were miserable I'll understand .

Will try to paint it soon but might have to switch to the Dinah for a while .

I'm starting to wish I had the Arado Tausendfüßler in my stash but I have no idea how difficult it would be to build.

Cheers, Christian B)

While masking and looking at pictures I decided to make a changes.

The front cockpit has clear glass and some look covered over and painted :hmmm , so I went with the latter.

GO_masking_002a.jpg

I then decided that the easiest way to handle the aft door was to use white glue to and temp install it.

Of course that was after discovering that it did no longer fit between the wing flaps :vmad and doing a good bit of planning :blush:

GO_masking_001a.jpg

Need some cure time before I can give this baby a good wash . Perhaps shoot some primer over the weekend .

Cheers, Christian B)

Blue tack to fill the window masking- brilliant!! I'm loving this build- cheers!

Yes Chuck . It is way easier than cutting all those small pieces of tape .

On the down side though I have to keep my big fingers off of it as it will drift where yo don't want it .
Hard to find any good places to grab this monster :S

Cheers, Christian B)

On the down side though I have to keep my big fingers off of it as it will drift where yo don't want it .

Cheers, Christian B)

Oh man, I've been there before! I agree, blu-tack is a brilliant idea for masking like that. This is what makes these Forums so great!

Cheers, Christian B)

Oh man, I've been there before! I agree, blu-tack is a brilliant idea for masking like that. This is what makes these Forums so great!

They say necessity is the mother of invention but I think it's also responsible for some major disasters as well :rotf

Thanks for looking in guys :) Cheers, Christian

I have managed some progress over the weekend.

GO_yellow_001a.jpg

The beast has been primed

GO_yellow_002a.jpg

and the yellow markings were painted this morning .

Might have to rethink these temporarily closed doors as they are being annoying :vmad

Cheers, Christian B)

Back