• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Geschutzwagen Tiger (Grille 17) by Trumpeter

My trip to Harbor Freight put me back in the shop before dark,i'll be ready to go first thing in the morning. :D

Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

Mike if the allies were knocking at the gate and your shop was ordered to get this thing ready for action as soon as possible would you take the time to put a regulation camo paint job on it? :idonno
From what i've read at this time in the war the shop only applied the base color and the rest was applied by the unit it was assigned to in the field.

Help
Tony lee :frantic

Update

Paint:

The Gun

The Transporter

Storms movin in on me so i'll be back later.
Opinions/suggestions good or bad highly appreciated
Uncle Tony :eek:ldguy

The green looks good on the gun and shield sides ,
:eek:ldguy I think a completely Red primed lower outside (behind the wheels) and the lower inside would look better .

:hmmm I'd like to suggest ya batten down the hatches& prepare to weather out the storm... :drinks :drinks
Looks like yer on a roll here Tony! (y)

Hi Tony,

Fun to watch you at work :dude :dude

This thing is huge!!!! Paint is looking good, like all the different colors going on.

Randy

Maarten I thought about what you suggested but here's the thing,the gun covers the whole floor pan and up to the top of the sponsons and those huge tracks aren't going to expose much if any of the hull tub. I can make that call when the gun glue cures so I can install it and the tracks are fitted. Thanks

It's gone now Ed and it dropped a good amount of needed rain. :good:

Randy it looks like it belongs in a circus parade. :D

Thanks Much Guys
Tony lee

Maarten I thought about what you suggested but here's the thing,the gun covers the whole floor pan and up to the top of the sponsons and those huge tracks aren't going to expose much if any of the hull tub. I can make that call when the gun glue cures so I can install it and the tracks are fitted. Thanks

It's gone now Ed and it dropped a good amount of needed rain. :good:

Randy it looks like it belongs in a circus parade. :D

Thanks Much Guys
Tony lee

Glad to hear it's past ya :drinks We got some rain here the other day!! :geek :geek Definitely needed here...

Update

Filter and Tracks
Filter Applied and Tracks Colored

Those cylinder attachment brackets are very weak,the barrel is very heavy and sticks out there so far I may have to just glue the pivot points to keep the barrel from sagging.
Next thing is to reapply the Green over spray on the Red Oxide where the Green and Oxide meet to give the impression they were going to continue painting the Green after the scaffolding was moved to a lower level.
Then the Future coat and Decals.

Hope you're having a GREAT weekend
Tony lee :)

Back